Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

21st century coverite paint resource

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

21st century coverite paint resource

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:39 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21st century coverite paint resource

Hi,
I bought a couple rolls of Dark Red 21st century coverite fabric for a plane and on the coverite website they say they sell paint to match their dark red, dark blue, and yellow. My problem is I can only find places that sell just the dark blue. I have searched all over and can not find anyone selling the dark red coverite paint. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a store who still might be selling it.

Thanks,
David G.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:46 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 21st century coverite paint resource

Let me know too!
We (as modelers) have been put out into the cold on this one. I can't find a match for any of their colors.
Went to home depot and had them try to mix up some latex for me but they can't match the colors because "It's too shiny"....this is the cloth stuff. I don't think it shines that much!
Ron
Old 05-02-2010, 07:53 AM
outdoorhunting

Try Rust-oleum spray cans. I've had pretty good luck getting matching colors with it. Just let it cure for a few days after spraying to be fuel proof.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:17 AM
davidgeorge212

Well what I have been doing in the past is i have been going to a proffessional paint mixer and getting 2 part valspar paint. They match my covering peice right on every time but Its just getting harder to do for me on these smaller planes because each time you have them mix you up a pint of each of the colors you want, it costs about 26 dollars each. Then you got to buy the activator and reducer and then I dont even come close to using the whole pint and I got a lot left over. But I was just asking about coverite because they "claim" they actually sell dark red in a spray can. Tower hobbies and a lot of other online stores only show dark blue on their websites. I have not been able to find the dark red anywhere.