Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Good Biplane Kit to Build

You might try and find an Ace 4-120 bipe. I built the .60 sized bipe and it is the best flying bipe I have ever had. They are no longer in production but you might still find one.
    Dubro 14 oz square tank brotherhood

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Daddyo57

Gray Beard that is SWEET!!!!!!!! every time I build a Bipe I swearI wont do another one... I have 2 waiting to be built a very old SMP and an EAA from Balsa USA. I want to build a Skybolt and really wish I hadnt sold my Goldberg Ultimate to a friend, just sitting now... [:@]
    I still have the plans to the Krier Kraft!!! Not the easiest plane to build but it was fun and flew great. I did discover one falt in the design, it didn't like to be banked if you were going too slow. I was trying to side slip in onto the runway from about 200 feet, maybe lower? What a fast snap roll it went into. Landed in a water filled ditch, not one piece of wood wasn't broken. That one hurt!!!
    Drinking and driving are illegal, why do bars have parking lots
    Daisy Air Guns, keeping kids off your lawn for 100 years

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ditto on the P90. I flew mine with a saito 120. Loved it. I had ailerons on both wings with control rods connecting bottom to top wings, dual servos on the bottom wings. Top wing needed -1.5deg incedence, bottom wing at 0deg. I would suggest a +1.5deg incedence on the stab. Otherwise it will fly hands off with about 1/4" down elevator trim. I've seen two do this. What a great flying bipe, wide flight envelope with slow to moderate speed, and beautiful slow speed aerobatics. It would hang like a kite in a good 10pmh breeze. Lost mine on a low inverted flight that took an uncommanded full up elevator. 50' long debre field. Need to build another when time permits.
    Edwin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ended up with a bme ultimate 37 percenter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cwhipple

I ended up with a bme ultimate 37 percenter
    That will work, it has plenty of room for your .90.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

That has been my feelings too when I was going through my Bipe stage. Here is one I built using Gordon Whitehead plans of one you never see, it's a Krier Kraft, there was only one full scale built. My friend built his to scale, white and red but being color blind I did mine so I could see it. I used a YS 1.10 in this plane. Ailerons on both wings and it had a roll rate of a drill bit at high speed. Plans even have the wheel pants shown and the LG functions with a spring system. I think there are several bipes I have built in my photo gallery. When I was building Bipes I grabbed up kits as I found them but plans are now the way to go.
    Found that RCM still has these plans. I really like the looks of the Krier Kraft bipe.
    http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=2121
    John
    Have desk ... Will Fly.... Saito Member #467
    Ultimate Brotherhood #11, Ultra Sport Brotherhood #90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JNorton

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

That has been my feelings too when I was going through my Bipe stage. Here is one I built using Gordon Whitehead plans of one you never see, it's a Krier Kraft, there was only one full scale built. My friend built his to scale, white and red but being color blind I did mine so I could see it. I used a YS 1.10 in this plane. Ailerons on both wings and it had a roll rate of a drill bit at high speed. Plans even have the wheel pants shown and the LG functions with a spring system. I think there are several bipes I have built in my photo gallery. When I was building Bipes I grabbed up kits as I found them but plans are now the way to go.
    Found that RCM still has these plans. I really like the looks of the Krier Kraft bipe.
    http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=2121
    John
    I can't remember everything about the Krier Kraft but if you look it up on the net there was only the one built and is now on display I think in Kansas. My building buddy and I met here on RCU when we were both building it and helped each other out, we still do that today. His was a total scale build, I'm color blind so I had to cover it so I could see it in the air. Mr. Whitehead has some very good designs. I'm told, haven't built one myself, that his P-38 is one of the better designs around. There are some very good planes that are never seen at a fly in if you build from plans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123