Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Getting married today and Its a perfect flying day. Should I just go flying

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Getting married today and Its a perfect flying day. Should I just go flying

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 06:01 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting married today and Its a perfect flying day. Should I just go flying

Gratz!  Many happy returns!

Now take her flying.  
Old 05-15-2010, 07:21 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Getting married today and Its a perfect flying day. Should I just go flying

Ya know the old saying; Love is blind & marriage is an institution- Who wants to live in an institution for the blind !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:54 AM
OLDNRINKLED
My Feedback: (5)

I DONT CARE HOW GOOD LOOKING SHE IS, SOMEWHERE THERE IS A GUY WHO HAS HAD ALL OF HER HE CAN STAND. TRUST ME
Old 05-15-2010, 09:56 AM
oldvet70
My Feedback: (10)

It would have been so much easier if she could fly. Congratulations, maybe she'll learn.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:11 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that a 2.4 in his pocket or is he happy to be married?
My buddy who owned a hobby shop at the time had his wedding at a place large enough to fly. We all brought our models and one guy brought a 9' tall rocket to launch. We wore the tuxes for about 10 minutes took some pix and started flying for the afternoon. It was really cool.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:17 AM
brockettman

1. Charge batteries
2. Go to Wedding
3. Get married
4. Leave reception early
5. Go fly
6. Go on Honeymoon
7. Enjoy life with wife and airplanes

Congratulations!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Augie11

I think 2 fellows here had good suggestions. Take her flying with you. She may not be a pilot (yet) but heck, we can always use a hand in the pits. She might not want to wear her wedding gown though, especially if you fly diesel!

I started flying many years after we got married but always brought the wife down to the field. Being a quilter, she enjoyed watching me cover an airframe and even offered some suggestions for potentially useful tools. Being at the field also gives her an appreciation of what we do. I have to laugh when other guys have to sneak a new radio or engine into the house to keep the wife from knowing. When my wife comes down to watch a maiden flite, she'll often say 'That's a good one. Better build a spare'!

PS- this strategy also works for fly fishing!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

I did even worse on my wedding day a couple of years ago, I went to a classic hearse and ambulance car show that morning. It just turned out the rare show was going to be in our area on that day, I had no choice if I ever wanted to see it. Still got to the wedding on time though.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:33 AM
BOB MOORE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been building longer then I have been Married. Married 58 years building and flying 70 years. I have to sign ,a new contract every April. Aways say yes mam every night!!! I am lucky my wife likes real and model planes
Old 05-15-2010, 11:33 AM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Tommygun

I did even worse on my wedding day a couple of years ago, I went to a classic hearse and ambulance car show that morning. It just turned out the rare show was going to be in our area on that day, I had no choice if I ever wanted to see it. Still got to the wedding on time though.
Tommy,
Did you use a hears or ambulance to go on the honeymoon? When I started dating my wife I was apprentcing at a funeral home. Many dates ended in the hearse on the way back from who knows where or when. She would not come in the funeral home, but loved to go out on the hearse. I never understood why.

congrats Quiglywins
Old 05-15-2010, 11:34 AM
dignlivn

Teach her to Fly !

She'll thank you later, All the Best.

Bob
Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 PM
vega406
My Feedback: (73)

For the one,s who joked about marry at the field the president of our club "Decatur Aerocammanders" got marreid at our field..we and his family got chairs for our pavilion and she walked from edge of the cornfield to us with father of course.. and yes we all had planes while we ate afterwards and ususal jokes of how she should have walked out of the corn..they were together a long time so they were,nt looking for fancy just to tie the knot
Old 05-15-2010, 04:37 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Of course you should go flying, what the hell were you thinking????
This is what bothers me, OP ask for sound advice and they NEVER listen! Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
I hope she signed a prenup. Damn. Your flying time just took a serious hit. Sure, it's all rosy in the beginning, and then they want you to stay home with them, or go shopping, and we're not talking using Tower coupons here.

You were warned, now you just have to deal with the consequences of your decision. [][][]

An airplane never asked for 50% of my net worth down the road.
Marriage is like buying a boat, the best days are the day you get one and the day you get rid of one.

I've got more, just ask.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:42 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

In 2 hr's and 10 minutes you won't want to fly

in two hours and 12 minutes you will never fly again take your planes and run,,,run fast
Old 05-15-2010, 04:51 PM
rambler53

A man without a woman is like a fish without a bicycle.

Men who don’t understand women fall into two groups: Bachelors and Husbands.

Man has will, but woman has her way.

There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.

- Clint Eastwood

When you're saying your vows and the hair is standing up on the back of your neck, that's your body rejecting what is unnatural.
Do not ignore it, RUN! RUN! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got planes older than my ex-wife, and they look better too.

Who needs marriage? There is Boston Market and laundry mats everywhere!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:11 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And as for wedding gifts, we hope you filled out the registry at the local hobby shop. Nothing better than an nice RC engine on the dining room table....Dave
Old 05-15-2010, 05:16 PM
rambler53

I spent hours cleaning up the models out of my dining room, and now I have room to work. This table has a really nice flat surface too to get the wings built just right. How do you like my lighting?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51194.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1436548  
Old 05-15-2010, 05:19 PM
handyman
My Feedback: (2)

after doing it 5 times (married).......i have planes that last longer and they dont ask for a cedit card
Old 05-15-2010, 05:25 PM
rambler53

Wow 5 times. What did you say after 4, "Maybe this time it will work out?"
I tried it twice, I'm done.
At least the second time she was 11 years younger and she kept her motor clean. Perfect revenge for wife #1 to notice gravity on her assets taking it's toll, when I got a later model in stock.
None come with a warranty, it's as is, so I made sure I avoided the vintage type where spare parts are harder to find and strange things go wrong you'd never expect on a later model. Just routine maintenance and kept up with the payments.

I wish I could have saved just the wedding ring money alone, and doubled my airplane inventory. Not good to look in the past. Just learn the lesson, and not repeat the mistake, if you can.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:42 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tommygun

Let me guess.... You are an ambulace chaser for a living:-)
Gerry

Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Fish riding bicycles...too funny!!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:30 PM
catracer343

ORIGINAL: rambler53

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Of course you should go flying, what the hell were you thinking????
This is what bothers me, OP ask for sound advice and they NEVER listen! Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
I hope she signed a prenup. Damn. Your flying time just took a serious hit. Sure, it's all rosy in the beginning, and then they want you to stay home with them, or go shopping, and we're not talking using Tower coupons here.

You were warned, now you just have to deal with the consequences of your decision. [][][]

An airplane never asked for 50% of my net worth down the road.
Marriage is like buying a boat, the best days are the day you get one and the day you get rid of one.

I've got more, just ask.
My girlfriend says "Why buy the pig if you only want a little sausage?" Congrats on the new bride! I've had many airplanes and women keep me up all night, but none have made me feel like I do in the morning when I wake up next to my girl...
Old 05-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Big second on that one...What kind of person would do something dumb like get married when he can fly instead. getting married is an end to the flying time all together.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 PM
OLDNRINKLED
My Feedback: (5)

I WOULD RATHER STEP ON A WING !!!!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 PM
G.Barber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the wedding! I'm 32 (ok, almost 33) and I've been married (to the same woman) for almost 12 years now. We've already beat the odds going for most younger married couples! While any marriage will have ups and downs, we get along well most of the time. Sometimes I get in trouble with my habit (RC planes) if I'm gone too much or too long, but then there are days like today where I flew three different times throughout the day without any concern from the Mrs! I flew before work, after work, and another short hop right before the sun went down tonight. Yup, I've got a keeper!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.