Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Midwest AT-6 Help

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Midwest AT-6 Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Catalinaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest AT-6 Help

Hello all, I was lucky enough (some say) to come across a complete Midwest AT-6 kit NIB yesterday and it appears to be complete less the plans and builders/owners manual. I was able to get a PDF file of the manual from Midwest within a minute of sending them an e-mail but they no longer have any plans. So I'm in need of a set of plans so I'm hoping that someone on here would happen to have a set they would sell, or sell me a copy or loan them to me so i can get a copy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Live Wire

Default RE: Midwest AT-6 Help

You might contact RR24, he is in Liberal KS. he may be able to help you.
Larry k
Old 05-25-2010, 12:54 AM
AlphaWhisky

I have a NIB kit for this one here - it`s slowly coming towards the top of my list. If you really get stuck for plans I`m sure I can organise to send a copy of them from here....

Good luck

Alan W
Old 05-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Catalinaflyer

Thanks AW, I have sent a PM to RR24 but if I don't hear anything back from him I might have to hit you up to see about getting a copy or getting them scanned to a .pdf. Don't know what the postage would be and am shocked with the 1,000's of these kits that were sold and built that i can't find someone close with an old set of plans.

Scott
Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
GAP-RCU

ORIGINAL: catflyer

Thanks AW, I have sent a PM to RR24 but if I don't hear anything back from him I might have to hit you up to see about getting a copy or getting them scanned to a .pdf. Don't know what the postage would be and am shocked with the 1,000's of these kits that were sold and built that i can't find someone close with an old set of plans.

Scott
Actually, I'm more shocked that Midwest claimed to not have the plans anymore. If they sold them, it would have been nice if they told you who to contact. If they tossed them, then that's a terrible way to handle corporate assets.

(I bet they have them, but just don't want to be bothered making copies)
Old 05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
bfritz77
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Cat, I have a simular problem, have the plans but dont have the manual, and live close to you, figure a way to copy my plans and were there.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:32 AM
crossman

Contact your local Staple's or Kinko's. They should be able to make a copy. If not, the next call would be a blueprint shop.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Live Wire

RR24 may be on the road his job keeps him hopping. I bet he gets back with you as soon as he gets back to his PC.
Larry k
Old 05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Catalinaflyer

ORIGINAL: bfritz77

Hey Cat, I have a simular problem, have the plans but dont have the manual, and live close to you, figure a way to copy my plans and were there.
PM me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you the manual files that Midwest e-mailed me.

As for Midwest not having the plans they did tell me to contact the AMA and I just got a reply back from them, they have the full set for $33.00 (-10% for members). I don't know how many sheets there are but if you can tell me bfritz I can call Kansas Blueprint and get a quote for copying them.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
GAP-RCU

ORIGINAL: catflyer

... As for Midwest not having the plans they did tell me to contact the AMA and I just got a reply back from them, they have the full set for $33.00 (-10% for members). I don't know how many sheets there are but if you can tell me bfritz I can call Kansas Blueprint and get a quote for copying them.
Now that makes more sense and makes me feel better about Midwest. $33 isn't too bad, too.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:37 AM
bfritz77
My Feedback: (1)

Cat there are 3 sheets ...PM sent
Old 07-10-2012, 07:26 AM
pnmiv01

I have attempted to attach the plans for the Midwest AT-6 that I got from member GX Ame. If you need them and they haven't uploaded correctly send me an e-mail and I will forward them to you. (It looked like the upload went through but I see no indication of that in the draft post)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fd92034.pdf (2.11 MB, 97 views)
Ez81856.pdf (1.82 MB, 86 views)
Va71818.pdf (482.3 KB, 74 views)
Us54159.pdf (2.11 MB, 109 views)
Old 07-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Bob Yeager
My Feedback: (5)

Hello all, I was lucky enough (some say) to come across a complete Midwest AT-6 kit NIB yesterday and it appears to be complete less the plans and builders/owners manual.
It is not my intention to hijack this thread, but I have a question which has bothered me for some time and which I hope that someone can shed some light on.

Why do people remove the plans, instruction manuals, decals, etc. from kits and engine boxes and leave the rest of the contents undisturbed? I cannot possible tell you of the number of pristine kits and engines that I have encountered which are missing some or all of the above mentioned items. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Can someone fill me in on this?

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Live Wire

Bob
A person sells them, looks at them and forgets to put them back in the box, loans them out and never gets them returned and five finger discount I always try to keep unfinished or thing I plan on selling in tact. and a lot of times that does not work
Larry K
Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 PM
pnmiv01

Here is the manual for the Midwest AT-6 Texan.
Attached Files
Lj23780.pdf (3.07 MB, 87 views)