RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kit Building (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/)
-   -   Midwest Super Stearman Instructions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/10131095-midwest-super-stearman-instructions.html)

DaleJEckart 11-12-2010 12:00 PM

Midwest Super Stearman Instructions

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">I am looking for a copy of the instruction book for the Midwest Super Stearman, as I can't find mine anywhere. Does anyone have a copy they can scan and send to me, possibly in pdf form?Thanks in advance...</span></span></span>

GAP-RCU 11-12-2010 05:10 PM

RE: Midwest Super Stearman Instructions

Was Midwest not helpful? Even though they don't make RC kits anymore, I would think they could help. [link=http://www.midwestproducts.com/contact.asp]Link[/link]

DaleJEckart 11-12-2010 05:27 PM

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">Last time I asked, I think they wanted 30-40 bucks or so for the instructions.</span></span></span>

Zor 11-17-2010 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: DaleJEckart

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-size: larger"><span style="color: rgb(0,0,128)">Last time I asked, I think they wanted 30-40 bucks or so for the instructions.</span></span></span>

They figure that who is looking for an instruction manual did not buy the airplane from them.

It cost them money to print extra copies.

Zor

crossman 11-17-2010 09:12 AM

I am currently building the Midwest Stearman. I can scan the book for you, but it may take me a little time. As I recall, it is about 90 pages.

DaleJEckart 11-17-2010 09:24 PM

<span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);"><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">Thanks, I'd appreciate it. Take your time, I'm not starting it yet :) E-mail to: [email protected] Thanks Again!

</span>
</span></span></span>

crossman 11-18-2010 09:40 AM

I just sent the manual, It was not as long as I had recalled, it's about 60 pages, but it turned out to be a rather large file. Let me know if you have any trouble receiving it or opening it. I hope you enjoy the build, if you look for the check marks in the manual, you can get an idea of where I am at with mine.

I just got a note back that the e-mail did not goes through due to the size of the attachment. I will see if I can make a more manageable version. I have a newer scanner that I haven't worked with much, so I may need to change some settings.

crossman 11-18-2010 05:32 PM

I have resent the manual. No error messages so far.

DaleJEckart 11-18-2010 07:06 PM

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">I downloaded the first one, looks great!Will get them all when I get home to my desktop. I owe you one, bigtime! Let me know if there's anything you need. Thanks again! Dale</span></span></span>

Ghettobrick 10-03-2012 07:29 PM

I really need a copy of the instruction manual if anyone could please help me.

kiiote 10-18-2012 03:31 PM

I believe I still have the manual. If you still need it let me know and I will send it PDF file to your email. Might take me a couple of days to find it.

DaleJEckart 10-20-2012 10:23 AM

Hiya Kiiote... can you send them again to me too? Thanks...I can't find my original... Dale

dschroeder 06-17-2013 11:02 AM

I know it's an old post... Just bought a bare airframe at an auction. Was wondering if you had the control throws and CG info you could send me.

crashdit 11-14-2014 03:59 PM

I really need the CG and throws also! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zor 11-18-2014 05:25 PM

Hi guys,

If no specific info is posted then _ _ _

Set the CG between 25% and 30% of the chord at the wings root as measured from the leading edges line at its mid point.
Set the control surfaces rotation a max of 40 degrees of rotation and use proportional as you control.

Zor

crossman 11-20-2014 07:08 PM

The plans show the CG approx 4.9 inches aft of the upper wing leading edge. The recommended throws are: Ailerons 1/2" up and down on low rates and 5/8" on high rates, Elevator 3/4" up and 11/32" down for low rates and 1" up and 7/16" down for high. Rudder is recommended at 1 1/4" right and Left. If you would like the manual, PM me with your e-mail and I can send it to you.

scootter 03-05-2018 06:33 AM

I could really use the manual also

AlexGuz 01-26-2019 10:34 AM

Hi my name is Alex Guzman and I just got one Midwest Super Stearman kit, the kit looks like is complete except for the instructions, I tried many sites and I can't find it, could you please tell me if you have and I can get a copy or PDF file?.
PS: I also got 3 Stearman kits if you need one, please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Alex