Notices
Kit Manufacturer Direct Support Forum Get support here directly from the manufacturers themselves or their official reps for the kits they manufacture or distribute.

sig kadet senior

Old 01-22-2017, 02:31 PM
jayyak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sig kadet senior

Hello all I am new to the group .I'm building a kadet senior and was thinking about electric power don't know much about it ,any help would be appreciated also if anyone would know the proper size of floats for it as well .Cheers
Old 04-07-2017, 10:57 PM
bigtj10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built a Sig Sr. Kadet in 1983 or so and I am now modifying a wing kit from Sig to have less dihedral plus adding ailerons; I already have a 4 stroke engine I will be using in it; the reason for changing the dihedral is that, first of all, it has no ailerons; but on windy days or breezy days, it wants to get blown over before you even begin to start your run to take off; so, less dihedral; but I also am adding ailerons which I guess I did not need in a trainer anyway. but, now I just want to fly it in a normal fashion with mild aerobatics like anyone else. Make any sense at all?
Old 04-28-2017, 07:59 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Tom congrats on keeping the old bird alive that long. I have had considerable experience in many and often eclectic bashes of the Seniors. My suggestions is two fold first if you do not add
ailerons then reducing dihedral is a mistake and this considerably reduces control response. It is in fact quite the opposite of what you get if the airplane has ailerons.

Now since you are adding ailerons my recommendation is to not go flat as is quite the rage but instead reduce it by exactly one half of what is the stock dihedral of the standard wing without ailerons. I have done many such changes and this provides for a sweet flying airplane all around when ailerons are added.

Oh by the way your post made total sense

John