Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Carbon Blade Recommendations for Caliber

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Carbon Blade Recommendations for Caliber

Old 12-18-2003, 07:09 PM
balbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Blade Recommendations for Caliber

Hello,

I'm interested in upgrading the main and tail blades to carbon on a Caliber 30. Does anyone have any recommendations ? Brand, size, spec ? Hell, maybe carbon paddles as well. What do you all think ? Also, where can I get them.

Thanks,

Balbs
Old 12-20-2003, 12:16 PM
SalsettiA

Default RE: Carbon Blade Recommendations for Caliber

Hi Balbs,

I've just bought a pair of NHP Razor Pro 3D from Rick's (www.rcheli.com) made of carbon. They are already balanced and just need to be tracked. I bought white ones for 62.99USD (tax free). They fits several different helis (XCell30, Raptor 30,...) and among other things, they're suitable for Caliber 30. I respected the specification of the original blades: 550mm, 12mm, 3/4mm, 115g. Unhappily, I cannot give you a serious feedback about the quality yet, as I still haven't done a lot of flights with them.

I heard, that SAB (550 / 12 / 4) are also good for the Caliber 30. You can get them at CyberHeli (www.cyberheli.com) for 44.99USD.

About tail blades or paddle of carbon, I've never heard any special remarks about it. I'm curious to know, if they bring something.

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year
Old 12-20-2003, 03:19 PM
balbs

Awesome! Thanks for the response ! Since you have flown the caliber with the Razors, how do you like the performance so far. Did it improve alot ?

I would like to hear other peoples opinions on the Razon Pro or other carbon blades.

Thanks again,

Balbs
Old 12-21-2003, 05:58 AM
Tongie

I have flown my Caliber 30 on both NHP razor's and BBT blades and they both are an improvement on the wooden blades but when switching over you will have to play with the pitch/throttle settings to run with the correct headspeed. The only real difference I can say is that the Razors in the UK are black with white coverings that you have to fit yourself, I went for the BBT's last time which are white and currently have them on my upgraded Caliber 50, they are cheaper and do the same job.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:21 AM
balbs

SWEEET!!! I've seen NHP Razor's mentioned alot on the web, I guess I'll try them out. What size should I get ? Should I get matching tail rotor carbons as well ? If so, in what size ?

Thanks alot guys!

Balbs
Old 12-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Tongie

550mm's for a 30, I put MS std 30 size carbon rears on which looked nice but have now replaced them with NHP carbon 50 rears.

Ian

[link]http://www.modelhelis.com[/link]
Old 12-22-2003, 11:38 AM
balbs

What size tail rotor blades should I get ?

Thanks,

Balbs
Old 12-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Tongie

Most will just be '30 size', the NHP ones are 72mm and MS are 80mm I believe. Not sure of the root thickness, measure your plastic ones with a ruler where the bolt into the blade grips. S/be 4 or 5mm.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:20 PM
SalsettiA

Hi Balbs,

I did some serious flight with the NHP razor blades today in the middle of the snow. I had to repeat what every people says, when they compare woodies and fibers: they have a better response; I mean, they react quicker to the order than the woodies.
Another improvement was the RPM. I ran my Caliber at 1850RPM (without the inside ring of the muffler) and now I run it at 2000 when hovering; I will lower my gas (2000 are too much).
That's the two improvements, that I notice. I must admit that for the moment, I can do all what I did with the woodies. Maybe, that it will help for the autorotations, but I'm not so far for the moment.

Have fun
Old 12-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Temps

Ive run nhp s no my caliber and found they worked well but ive now changed to sab main and tails wich seem to give a much crisper response
Old 12-28-2003, 05:28 PM
davidj

I ran a set of Razors and then switched to the Maverik carbons and carbon pro's and liked them better by a little. They are cheaper to.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:08 AM
balbs

hmmmm....SAB, who are they and where can I buy these blades ( just in case I decide to buy them ).

Thanks again to all for their input.

Balbs
Old 12-31-2003, 12:51 PM
SalsettiA

Hello,

"SAB compositi" is a famous Italian firm (www.sab-compositi.it). Their blades a sold world wide and are very good. Look at www.cyberheli.com, www.rcheli.com,...

Happy New Year
Old 01-02-2004, 10:18 PM
swmoheli

http:/www.heliproz.com sells Mavrrik carbons. They now have a beautiful set called Patriots. I'm also waiting on a set of V2 blades. But due to some reconfiguring and process changes, vic is behind in production. but from what i gather well worth the wait.