Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Concept 30 Opinions

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Concept 30 Opinions

Old 03-18-2004, 10:04 AM
klobel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concept 30 Opinions

Hi,
I bought a used concept 30 for $50. Not knowing anything about them I brought it to a Helicopter guy that a friend recommended. Well we took it all apart and found several parts wrong with it. He was pushing me to buy a new helicopter from him (of course) and said he wouldn't put the money into mine if he were me. I am looking for opinions or recommendations.

Here is what it needs (and pricing I found for it):
Blades $33
Main Gear $8
Skids $20.00
Cluth (all pieces) $39
Start cone and fan $12
Stab bar $9 for 2

Thoughts? Do I fix it. Do I call it a $50 loss? Those prices are off tower, is there a cheaper place?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kerry
Old 03-18-2004, 12:35 PM
plck2

Default RE: Concept 30 Opinions

does it have the canopy is it dx sr srt vr?concepts fly well and there are still parts available.it needs alot of parts probably main shaft too.bid on a complete concept save this one for parts.how about the boom.Can you post a picture.some nexus' parts work perfectly.there are some white landing struts that r cheaper.plus try 515mm blades will do the beginner good.a picture is worth a thousand words.If you got patience parts will become available.locate a clutch first.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:09 PM
klobel

It has a nice canopy, frame, it came with 2 booms in good shape. The guy checked the shaft on the top for me and says its fine. I have been looking for another good deal on one today. I will keep searching. I can try to post a picture tonight. Right now its mostly in pieces. It is a DX. What kind of struts would fit it? That price was for 515 blades specific for this plane. Is there a place to find generic ones? Sorry for all the questions but when it comes to helis I am a complete newbie.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:04 PM
plck2

515 's r your firend in the newbie stage plus they're lite 'r !!I still turn em "fast".Does your bird have the big r little blade grips.roughly 3mm or 4mm lead bolts should tell.I'm not sure but a sr tailboom maybe what you need.How tight are the linkages,do any of them easily comes off the balls.You can find cheap struts and drill them to size.And just looking at the shaft doesn't mean that it is straight.the picture will give others a view to become opioniated.I bought a junker from a hobby shop hung in there got it right now it's a nex deluxe with the right necessities 60 size landing gear presently!it needs a heading hold gyro I came under the cheap ole schoolr's and i kept getting mech gyro's , ole engines 36,32sx's,32f,28's.Factory repaired the big'r boy,salveged two for myself,sold 1,and got a carb off another etc.booms,blades,shafts you pretty much on your own.If you're gonna be around keep a few of these for yo self.