Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

0s32sx in caliber loses power

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

0s32sx in caliber loses power

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 08:42 AM
davbow
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0s32sx in caliber loses power

hi all,
i was hoverng my cali last night and all of sudden the motor start die. it didn;t completely quit but it just lost alot of power ./ I thought i burnt out the motor . I change glow plugs and that didn;t solve it.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:58 AM
guitar
My Feedback: (-2)

Default RE: 0s32sx in caliber loses power

if theres a lot of smoke your running too rich . lack of smoke the engine getting to hot and it will settle back on the ground . could you explain some more details. JOHN
Old 05-28-2004, 09:17 AM
davbow
My Feedback: (6)

i do have alot of smoke. i am running 15% 2/4 4 stroke fuel from Hobbytown. The rotor speed goes way up like it did before . i lift off and then the motor starts to die out.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:15 AM
guitar
My Feedback: (-2)

this is john .you might want to try leaning up the high end a bit by 2 or 3 clicks at a time till you recieve plenty of power . the sx is a strong motor . as long as your getting plenty of smoke you getting plenty of lubrication. with plenty of smoke means you still running on the rich side meaning a little too much fuel as long as the idle is good and not detonating. you don't want to be to lean on the low end. in the future you might want to try some heli fuel. also make sure your muffler did not loosen up on you. a loose muffler can rob you of power .
Old 05-31-2004, 12:56 AM
swmoheli

The OS .32 isn't the best choice for the caliber, if youn't plan on replacing it though, it does run very well on 30% heli fuel. just keep it a little rich. The TT Pro .39 will bring the caliber to life, open the muffler and drill some holes in the baffle though, the /39 like to be able to breathe.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:06 AM
blovitch

I have a caliber 30 with OS32 (it was the ARTF version)

Why is the OS32 not a good choice ?

I have a problem with mine at the moment and was wondering if it is related to the engine ?

When I go to high pitch . trottle the motor seems to slow down, the blades slow and the heli looses height. This has cuased me 1 heavy arrival and 1 bent flybar....

I have checked the pitch at the upper end of stick travel and it is 10 degrees, I have also checked that the throttle servo is opening the carb right up at the end of stick travel..However I am unable to use full trhottle without a decaying head speed and loss of height...

Could this be the motor.

Cheers.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:34 AM
nheli

I have the same problem as you guys two months ago but I discovered that my fan was broken. the fan can easily broke like if the starter shaft hit it. You have to use a shaft that has a oneway bearing on it cost more like $45-50 but worth it. After replacing my fan the problem was gone and now she's flying smooth again. os engines are very reliable remember that.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Burner850

do you guys all use governors or throttle jockeys to maintain a constant head speed ?
of course the os 32 is a fine engine, but with 10 degrees pitch up it it cant push up your heli forever^^
By the way, I am using no nitro, and my engine works extremely nice. It's all about cooling... a nice fan is surely a good choice, but I made an extension of the cooling way to the engine from the fan to let the engine feel all the air the fan really produces...
since this upgrade already exists in other helis, the idea is not new, but works just fine.. If you are interested just tell me, I would like to make some photos, so you can make this upgrade of your own... Since this upgrade my engine has never lost power or sth...
@davbow... maybe your carburetor is dirty, this may happen and cause that your eninge almost stops or even stops

best regards
Old 06-13-2004, 02:35 PM
tommyboy1229

Check Your Fan for broken blades like nheli suggested. Also you could try to take a little pitch out at full stick and see if your head speed holds a little better.
The ARF version comes with a different carb than a 32 off the shelf. I have an ARF cali that I fly a bunch and I have an X-CELL 30 with an out of the box OS 32 that has the larger carb (don't know the numbers off the top of my head) the X-CELL weighs more than the cali but I swear it has 50% more power.
Good Luck
Tom