Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

GYRO QUESTION FUTABA 401

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

GYRO QUESTION FUTABA 401

Old 11-11-2005, 06:12 PM
arffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GYRO QUESTION FUTABA 401

New to nitro helis. Practiced w/ electric micros. I'm just starting foward and backwards flight and slight turns.I have a caliber 30 OS 32 w/futaba 401/ 7chp radio.When I lift off really slow in hh and norm mode the heli is fine but when I go up little faster it spins to the right.I have the gyro set to switch d hh up /norm down.The settings are at A75 N40 with revo mix inh.Does revo mixing stay inh for good or is there somehow I switch it on when I'm in norm.When should I use hh,in windy conditions and hover only?Should you fly in hh?I dont even know what A75 and N40 means .Thanks
Old 11-11-2005, 07:58 PM
hotshabit
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: GYRO QUESTION FUTABA 401

Just leave it in Heading Hold all the time and get rid of the revo mixing.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 PM
arffy

I have revo mix off all together.FRom what I was reading revo always stays off w/ hh.I thought you used it in norm mode some how..Thank you .I have another question for you if you can help out.I think the pitch is too high.When I throttle down it comes down too fast for me .How do I change pitch to +2 at 0 stick? I'm a newbie .Do I use the pitch curve settings or swash settings?Or some other way?
thanks
Old 11-11-2005, 08:37 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

I can't emphasize enough how worth your while it would be to find someone in your area to set your helicopter up and help you out. Even if you have to drive an hour or 2 it will pay for itself many times over. Also training sticks and a good flight sim are excellent training aids. Check here for a pilot near you http://www.pilotlocator.net

You don't need REVO even in normal mode with a modern gyro but that being said there's no good reason to use rate mode after you initially trim the gyro.

Remember the following points. Always set HH mode on the tx and turn it on first, then power up the rx and watch the light, dont move the helicopter till it comes on steady. 0 rudder trim and 0 sub trim on the rudder channel in any flight mode, sometimes trim can be setup to follow flight modes, make sure its 0 and stays that way. Easy way to check is set the heli on the ground, powered up with the motor NOT running. The light should come on steady. Move the collective pitch from bottom to top and back (being careful not to move it side to side) and see if the light stays on steady. Flip the idle up switch and see if it stays on then move the throttle up and back.

Read this and verify your setup. http://www.futaba-rc.com/team/team-tip-002.html

Always set pitch with your pitch curves. You should have no more than 0 pitch at idle, 5 or 6 for hover and 9 on the top. Do not throttle chop if you get it trouble. Ease it down. Re read the first sentence of this post.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:25 PM
arffy

Thank you very much