Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Nexus 30 help

Old 05-06-2006, 07:05 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Nexus 30 help

Well, it shook a little, I added a piece of tape, and it was real good, added 1 more, it started to shake again, so I remeved the last piece and called it good. Now the canopy barely wiggles back and forth, and the landing skids barely move during hover. Not bad at all... It might be fun trying to get the slight wiggle out of the canopy, but I don't see any reason to bother, it's so slight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43805.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	457082  
Old 05-06-2006, 07:16 PM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im tapped... I had a guy that wanted to trade my Revo for a new JR 30SS CCPM Schwitzer, but I didn't want to pay to ship the Revo. LOL I didn't need another Nitro Heli anyway. If ya don't like the hassels of working on yours, why don't you just go back to the stock canopy. That thing comes off in seconds !!! I like the fuses, but if it's thats much of a problem to remove them, I sure don't want one then. Being a mechanic all my life has made me appreciate easy access. LOL All I need now is 3 more rubber skid plugs and she's cherry... I picked this up for $300.00 with a Futaba T6XA TX, and I upgraded tp a 6EXH, but havn't installed the digital servo's yet. Looks like the old bearings was causing all the glitching. I have like $600.00 in it all together now... Hell, I have close to $800.00 in my Revo !!! hahahaha
Old 05-06-2006, 07:19 PM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im going to go for it and take it to our flying site at 6pm. Might be fun to play with it where im not in a 6 foot box surrounded by bushes. LOL Wasn't much room for error...
Old 05-06-2006, 11:11 PM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dennis Flora

........ If ya don't like the hassels of working on yours, why don't you just go back to the stock canopy.

I've had no need to gain access for the past 6 yrs, just need to get in there now for that battery and i currently don't have a battery to go in it. heck i need 5 batteries to replace ones that aren't up to par this season. if it was only the one I'd of already got one and put it in. I'm sure later this summer I'll do that anyways, cant beat the look of it with the lights on right before the sun drops out of sight hauling butt about a foot off the deck with the gear up.

kc
Old 05-06-2006, 11:28 PM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh boy, I can picture that... It does look cool. I check all fasteners after every few hours, but that would be a pain with the fuse... I took the Nexus to the flying site, and to protect the skids from the asphault, I used one of the floormatts out of my truck for a heli pad. LOL Worked great, plus it made me be accurate. It hovered great, and I did some 45 side in also. I was so tempted to try buzzing around, but I concentrated on trimming and stuff. From hover, if I hit the throttle, it turns to the left a little. I have the REVO set to 10% at the bottom and 15% at the top, I thought I would bring the bottom up to 15% for the next test. All in all, it went well, but I had to lean the top end after a unintended auto rotate from 1 foot when the engine just shut off suddenly. 3 clicks in, and the problem went away, but now im gunna keep it low for a while until I feel it ok. It didn't seem to be bothered by the wind very much, and was a real easy heli to take off straight, hover, and land accurately, but im still not ready to fly around yet, but I can on the sim. Just need to relax a little more first...
Old 05-07-2006, 12:44 AM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if you dont have a heading hold gyro (or for norm mode if you do) then when you shoot power it turns left you need more UP revo mixing, if it turns right when you chop power you need more DOWN revo mixing. up is from mid stick to the top, down is from mid stick to the bottom. just to add normal hover needs to be trimmed best you can before setting revo mixing.

kc
Old 05-07-2006, 12:49 AM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok, well, I was hovering at about 5 feet, and when I throttled up, it goes left. I had the down at 10% and the up at 15%. The way I understand this now is that the lower shold be set to counter spool up before lift off, and the upper is for what I experienced ??? I just raised the upper to 25% and left the lower at 15%. We'll see how that does...
Old 05-07-2006, 12:59 AM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what you experienced is countered with UP yes, but down is not for spool up but for when your in powered flight and you lower collective the torque of the engine as the blades are now releasing their 'bite' will torque the heli to the right and down revo mix cures that.

kc
Old 05-07-2006, 01:15 AM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh, ok, I got it now !!! Should one have a neg number and one a pos number. That servo is reversed, and both numbers are neg right now... Actually, the decent seemed to be fine for what im doing, so I put the down setting back to -10% for now, and left the up at the new -25% setting.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:22 AM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yes one is + one is -, if not then you'd be adding the same tail input and in one of the two cases you would worsen the problem. the only way to set the down portion and have it set correctly is to climb to about 50' with power on and then smoothly bring the stick back down to less then 1/4 stick, adjust the revo then to counteract any yawing.

kc

EDIT: just to add, revo mixing only counteracts normal torque, it will not prevent yawing when you 'punch' the stick in either direction, only for smooth transitions.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:53 AM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok, Well, I know what I have to do tomorrow then. I doubt that I will do the 50 foot thing yet, but I get the idea. I will start practicing the altitude thing though. I have a feeling that since the servo is reversed, the up will be a neg, and the down will be a pos. I'll experiment with it tomorrow. Thank you so much for your time and expertise... Dennis
Old 05-07-2006, 10:51 AM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the servo reversed has no effect on it. the only time it's backward is if your running a Vario that the head spins backward from the rest of the world.

kc
Old 08-20-2006, 12:40 PM
surf_medic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have one too, great machine, lots of fun.
If your looking for something to make it more peppy, try throwing a set of light weight paddles on. Did that on mine, and loops are almost in place, rather than big circles.

My training gear was a hula-hoop, and it surprisingly works great.

I did have an incident in April, muffler fell loose, lost power and found a ditch. Ebay is a great place to find parts.

Cheers
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 AM
elebouef

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a whole nexus that I would get rid of. Don't have room for it anymore. Has very few hours on it. Overall in good shape.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 PM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I havn't seen this thread in a while... Here's an update... Always starts right up, runs smooth as silk (no more vibration), and flies perfect !!! I replaced all the bearings, and it has been flawless !!! I won't be trying any loops or other stunts with it though, I like it way too much for that... lol I got the muffler so highly polished with that Mothers Aluminum polish, it looks like chrome !!! This has got to be one of the cleanest Nexus's on the planet !!! I love it !!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96407.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	576516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89129.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	576517  
Old 12-13-2006, 04:29 PM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Old 12-13-2006, 04:56 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

One more reminder, please do not offer items for sale or trade or sollicit items for sale or trade in the forums, please use either the marketplace or send the party a PM.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 07:41 PM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Old 12-13-2006, 08:44 PM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Why would you say such a thing ? If thats a real rule here, I want nothing more to do with this site. Communistic BS !!! Sorry, I don't play with control freaks, nor do I support their sites. Thats going way over the edge !!! Grow up and get a life !!! Dennis Flora, Red Bluff, CA. (530) 528-9123
Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM
freeonthree

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I love the way he spouts off with his commie crap then goes offline. Ha !!! Probably went to go watch COPS !!! What a jerk !!!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
laceycopter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You better HUSH....Dennis your goin to get in trouble... now be nice like me...
See ya at the field.
Lacey
Old 12-14-2006, 02:40 PM
BarracudaHockey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You may read the rules here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_377662/tm.htm

but the relevent part is

SELLING:
All selling takes place in the RCU Marketplace which provides for free listings to non-commercial members for BOTH classifieds OR auctions. We have tools and features in our marketplace that no discussion forum can compare to. These tools help you to trade safely and more efficiently. So please use only the Marketplace to do your buying, selling and trading.

No auction, for sale or wanted posts in the forums please. No asking for bids or words that would lead the buyer to assume you are having an auction or classified ad. No ads linking to auctions or classified ads. No discussion forum posts linking to ads unless the information is answers a question being discussed. If you have an item for sale or auction elsewhere and are bound by their contract to fulfill the terms, please do not post the same item for sale at RCU. Raffles are only allowed with written permission from RCU management

I certainly didnt sign off to run away, anyone with any questions is free to PM me or email me at BarracudaHockey@aol.com

Old 12-14-2006, 02:49 PM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

and one more time as you seam to have completely overlooked the obvious I WAS NOT SOLICITING, I WAS REPLYING TO SOMEONE ELSE'S SOLICITATION WITH A SIMPLE 'PM me, I've got a set' (which takes it out of the forums in accordance with the rules)

yet it was my post that got edited followed with your lecture on solicitation, your reasoning (or lack there of) on that behooves me.

kc
Old 12-14-2006, 02:58 PM
BarracudaHockey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Actually I edited the original solicitation as well, for some reason it didnt save but thats been fixed.

Also the "lecture" wasnt merely aimed at you as there's a couple of deleted posts that you cant see any more and may have been gone by the time you read the thread that were alot more blatant, sorry if you felt singled out. Honestly you have great insight into model helicopers and its obvious you have alot of experience, my applogies if you felt slighted.

As for the selling, it was passed down long before I became a mod that most users did not care to be inundated (not saying thats happened here but it was getting off topic) with for sale and item wanted ads in the general forums, that if they wanted to browse for sale items they could use the Marketplace. The result of that is any solicitation, or response to a solicictation will either be deleted or edited out, as well as any FS or WTB posts.

In any case lets all get back to flying and building helis.
Andy
Old 12-14-2006, 06:44 PM
FLYBOY

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys, I also went through and took out some of the un-needed posts. Feel free to post, but as Cuda said, there is no soliciting of your stuff in the forums. Sorry if you don't like it, but thats they rules! We didn't make them, we just try to keep the forums nice and useable. If you want to sell, post it in the sale forums.

If the thread goes too far off topic or we hear any more of the childish BS, the thread gets shut down. The heli threads have always been a nice place to get info. Lets not ruin that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service