Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Concept 30 TR Prob????

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Concept 30 TR Prob????

Old 11-02-2002, 03:16 AM
fiddy1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concept 30 TR Prob????

Well, I think I am going to retire the ole 30sr Ive been flying. Seems last weekend I was doin some fff and some nose in hovering when I thought to myself, "I should hover this at 7 feet in case anything flies off !" Just as I lifted her to about 7 feet, I heard a "POP", sorta like a twig breaking, and she lost her tail rotor. She did about 4 complete circles before I hit the idle hold and landed her with no other damage. eg: CF main blades, pipe drive tail, cf boom and digi servo on the boom. Upon further inspection I noticed 1 complete tr blade and grip completely gone. The tr blade holder mounting bolt, that attaches to the center hub sheared off. This in turn must have thrown the whole tail housing violently up and down because it snapped the cf boom right at the housing. This in turn stripped the pinion gear inside the boom. Glad I didnt ruin the pipedrive unit. Its not too bad to replace parts from a nexus but I am tired of fixing broken pieces and waiting for backorders for a heli thats outdated. So i just bought a new Sceadu and hope to be up and flyin soon. Just goes to show you, No matter how many times you look over your bird. S**T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!