Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Present or past owners of a Concept 60

Old 12-11-2002, 05:39 AM
warlock1174
My Feedback: (23)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Present or past owners of a Concept 60

I just recently picked up a used, but EXCELLENT condition Concept 60. This is my first 60, and it has the fully flapping rotorhead. It's equipped with an OS Max Sf .61 engine with tuned pipe, glass blades, CF tailrotor blades, JR G410T HH gyro, and Hitec servos. I am going to be using this heli strictly for camera work due to its "stability" but want to become more familiar with it.... Question: Are there any known mechanical issues I should address now? (It appears to be all stock.) Are there any suggested mods for improving stability or flight characteristics? Any mods to make her lighter?

Also, I picked up the heli with everything on it except the radio gear for $550... I assume this was a great deal, right?

All tips appreciated!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:23 AM
planelazy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Concept 60

Warlock.Mt basement looks like a Concept 60 graveyard.I flew them a lot about ten years ago.The longevity of them was great.I am terrible about maintenance and for a plastic heli i was really happy with them.They don't compare to anything these day's like a Fury or Vigor but i thought they worked relly well.I had the original Flapper and about three S.R's.I still have them in various stages of repair if you ever need part's. Tim.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The one I owned a while back was a good solid heli, just set her down easy in the application you will be using her for it will be great. When autoing Iwould get the occasional boom strike with the flapping head was about it, but so did my Kalt Enforcers as well. The heli was fairly well upgraded..out of the box

Instead of the spindle shaft, a flapping plate connects with both side rotor blades...I really miss mine (Concept 60). I's like to find another or a 60 SR Champion.
The Concept line & their history..
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver.../kyosh1-e.html
Old 12-11-2002, 03:24 PM
heliguy
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Warlock, If this is the original C-60 then it will have a wire tail drive. This was known to be troublesome due to setscrew loosening and even a wire break at higher rpm's. The wire drive also limits you gyro gain capability due to the wind/unwind properties. Kyosho did make a replacement tube drive, there were also some aftermarket drives using arrow shafts.

The original C-60 had a straight 10mm mainshaft. The autorotation clutch used with the 10mm main shaft was known to fail under load. Kyosho replaced all shafts and auto hubs during the first year of production, but if yours is one of the first units and the previous owner didn't get the word.......

The proper main shaft it 10 mm stepped down to 8 mm where it goes into the autorotation bearing. A hardened 12mm sleeve is installed on the shaft and the autorotation clutch is 12mm.

Plans for the original C-60 are on my site below.

For what it's worth - Al
http://www.rchelibase.com