Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

newbie with caliber 5

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

newbie with caliber 5

Old 04-28-2006, 01:26 AM
funflynak
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie with caliber 5

I've been flying airplanes for a couple years, mostly giant scale (edge), just went into the hobby store today and came out with the cal 5 and a hyper 50, now I need some advise for servos...I have no clue what servos to use for anything but the tail rotor. and if any of yall have any set up tips that would be great.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Gobig911

Default RE: newbie with caliber 5

The throttle servo doesn't need to be anything special I have a futaba s3003 in mine, thats just a basic servo. Aeleron, elevator, collective, are all futaba digital servos, I have a gy401 gyro with 9250 high speed digital on the tail. The gyro and tail servo are most important. But you want to have high speed mid to high torq on the elevator aeleron and collective, it will just make the heli more responsive. (you can always tone down an over resposive servo, but you can't do anything about a servo that is fast enough or have enough torq. The futaba t7 is a great deal. Its fully computerized radio, and comes standard with 4 high speed digi servos, and operates on the PCM band.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:08 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

Well for the tail you want a 401 with 9254 servo.

For the cyclics, I wouldn't use 3151's (the ones that come with a 7c) on a 50. I'd go 9202 or 9252.

Collective, same thing 9252 or 9202.

The 7C is a good radio but a 9C and you won't have to buy a radio again for a LONG time.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:37 AM
funflynak
My Feedback: (2)

thanks for the advise, I have a 9c already with pcm recievers, so i'm good there, i have hitec 5945, 181 oz digital coreless...can I use those, I have a whole bunch and would like to use them, as for the gyro, I'm looking at the new futaba, the one that is like 369.00, is that over kill? cant remember the model # but I found it on heliproz. and do I need to run a throttle jockey? any way thanks for the help.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:18 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

The 611 and thats about 4 times the gyro must of use will ever need. The 401/9254 is sufficent for all but the most demanding flying.

The Revlock 10, imo, is a better choice for governor but you won't need one for a while.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:15 PM
geepfreek

ok im not knocking you hs but why and how did you walk out with it and not know what you needed?? did you hs not know or did they just want to make the sale? did you ask them?