Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Cal 30 modifications

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Cal 30 modifications

Old 12-27-2002, 03:34 PM
Ted R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cal 30 modifications

Well I finally finished installing my gv-1 governor and thought some of you might be interested in the installation. You can find the pictures in my Photo GALARY. I also am including some of my modifications to the servo tray bracing, remote glow plug installation, a new tail rotor control tube upgrade and a volt watch installation. I hope this thing will still fly with the extra weight that I have added HA HA. I fabricated the governor sensor mount from a piece of ¾” x ½” x 1/16” aluminum angle that I purchased from my local hardware for $2.69 for a 48” piece. If you make the Tail rotor control tube modification, make sure that you reverse the gyro and the Tail rotor control on your transmitter or you will have opposite tail rotor rigging. Other then that I think the pictures can speak for them selves.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:01 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

It all looks great! I thought about mounting my remote in the same location but was worried I might break it off if I wasn't careful. Is that the TT39? How is it running for you? I have the radio tray braces underneath but those on top aren't a bad idea either and they don't weigh hardly anything.
Later,,,basmntdweller
Old 12-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Ted R

basmntdweller

The TT 39 has been a great engine. I have about two gallons through it so far and it is solid. I am really surprised with its reliability and power.
So far I haven't had any problems with the remote it is very solid and I have hung some heavy batteries off of it.
I tried several of the other braces and this one seems to work the best. It seems to cancel almost all of the movement in the tray without drilling any other holes or other major modifications.