Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Idle and Shutoff problems

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Idle and Shutoff problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 12:18 PM
WamsteadCaliber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle and Shutoff problems

I’ve recently purchased a Kyosho Caliber 30 and this is my first helicopter. I’m a newbie to helicopters and need a bit of help.

I’ve started the engine, an os .32 max, but it won’t shut down by closing the throttle and won’t idle smoothly. I’ve opened the needle value 2 ½ turns to get it started but the rotors want to turn (main rotors have been removed) as I believe the idle speed is too high. When I lean off the mixture with the needle value (as it’s currently too rich) the revs climb (with rotor speed) until the engine is as lean as possible when the engine stops.

Also, the only way I can kill the engine is to pinch the fuel line which momentarily send the rpm through the roof.

I would like some advice on two main issues. How can I cut the engine from the transmitter, as it currently won’t stop even with the throttle completely in its off position and How do I get the idle speed down?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.