Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CALIBER 5 PRODUCTION

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

CALIBER 5 PRODUCTION

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 03:09 PM
DHC8GURU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CALIBER 5 PRODUCTION

I am considering the caliber 5 for my next Heli. but I am seeing info that it is discontinued for production. Anyone heard the same.
May have to go with a Raptor 50 if this is the case.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:51 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: CALIBER 5 PRODUCTION

The Raptor is better supported and parts are cheaper in any case.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:33 PM
hoj527
My Feedback: (1)

Where do you see that it has been discontinued?

Bob
Old 10-21-2006, 11:54 AM
OIBAF

RIGHT ! WHERE DO YOU SEE THIS INFO ? I'M FLYING WITH IT WITH GREAT SATISFACTION FOR 10 MONTH . NEVER A FAULT ...

FABIO
Old 10-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Kevinator9

Just a gentle reminder that caps is the equal of yelling at someone. I haen't heard that the cali 5 is being discontiinued. 50% of my local club members own a cali 5 and a local guy imports all parts for it still.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:42 AM
necrocopter

I own 2 Caliber 5's and a Caliber 3. All three birds are running the OS 50 Hyper. I think these choppers fly really well and are easy to work on. The only thing you have to watch is the servo linkages when you build it ( Caliber 5 only ) so they don't bind. I heard a similar rumor about the Calibers. After talking with the reps at Kyosho USA, these rumors are unfounded. The Caliber has not been flying of the shelves at the hobby shops as they had hoped. As they put it "The market reception for the Caliber was cooler than expected". I blame the legions of Raptor fans, not that the Raptor is a better or worse heli, it just seems that the Raptor is just widely accepted as the nitro bird to have. Kinda like the Trex in the realm of electric micros. There are no plans to scrap the Caliber line up. Parts are a little harder to come buy. I deal with Heliproz for my Caliber needs and they seem to have anything you will ever need in stock and ready to ship. I went with the Caliber series over the Raptor because of the main belt drive system, belts transfer less harmful vibration to the head than gears do. In closing go with whatever heli you like - just not a discontinued one. You may have been thinking of the Kyosho Nexsus series.