Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Keep tanking my M24

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Keep tanking my M24

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:52 PM
acadianla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep tanking my M24

Hi,
Newbie here! Recently got an M24. Been following Radd's to the letter and can scoot around the "box" flawlessly. Start to lift off and promptly tank it left, right, or forward. Maybe I panic and over-react? Not enough throttle? Needs trim? Could be. Not sure. Everything in the head looks equal and level. Don't have a simulator or local help. I'm wondering about tethering it with an eye screw/ fish line and swivel on the training hub going to another eye on a plywood square to keep it under control while I get a handle on this 3rd dimension, or possibly making a screen "helipad" about two feet high to reduce the ground effect. What do you think? Any better ideas?I'm game! I can only afford so many pinions. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: Keep tanking my M24

The M24 is a notoriously twitchy flying micro I'm afraid. I would suggest a sports hall or playground. You need plenty of room to play with. Keep it low until you can hover reasonably. It takes LOTS of time to master these things.

Make sure it balances level perpendicular to the main shaft. Also check for any binding or un-even control movements.

Download the FMS (Free) sim and get a lead of ebay for your transmitter. Or buy a cheap transmitter as well. PRACTICE!

Ian F.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 PM
acadianla

Thanks for the info! So what do you think makes these guys so skiddish? Is there anything that can be adjusted, modified etc? I've already gotten to the point where I'm ready to off the thing and try some other make. My understanding is that basically all micros are jumpy. Would I be better off with a 2 channel to start? I did download FMS and it's OK, I guess, to sharpen reaction time, but once it gets going, it's near impossible to land without it crashing. Well anyways, thanks again.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Cyberfyn

Yes all micros are harder to fly than their bigger brothers, but some are worse that others. The contra rotating types are much easier to fly than the fixed pitch types though. The Hirobo Llama is a peach, and flys like a 30 size. Really stable in flight with non of the take off and landing quirks of the M24.

The next step up the ladder like the T-Rex and Zoom/Dolphin also fly very well, but are much more expensive to get in the air.

Ian F.