Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

concept30 first heli worth flying

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

concept30 first heli worth flying

Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 AM
dirtrunner42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default concept30 first heli worth flying

im getting a concept30 this week it is in brand new condition yhis is my first heli that im going to try and fly i am used to cars and boats. just wondering would it be a good idea to get somthing smaller and cheaper to learn on because i see parts are kinda hard to find or would i be able to go fly and learn how to get it to hover with out crashing it. just wondering i dont want to just have a pile of parts left after trying to fly the first time well just let me know what you think thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71786.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	784682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54082.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	784683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54207.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	784684  
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: concept30 first heli worth flying

The Concept is an ideal training helicopter. With it flapping head system, and set up correctly it's very forgiving.... But if you have NO heli experience at all, it'll be a pile of bits pretty quick. My advice would be to invest in a decent simulator so you can train your thumbs in the basics. Then get a set of training undercarriage to stop it tipping over. Then find a local heli friendy club to join.

Saying that, I'm self taught. But I spent 100s of hours on Reflex XTR before flying one for real (also a Concept) I'm now 4 years in and doing mild 3D stuff.

Ian F.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 AM
AutoMike

Many people pay thru the nose to find a mint helicopter that they first learned on back in the day. Your best bet for the money is move it on ebay or swap meet, but dont give it away, and take the money, add to it if you need to and pick up a modern heli so parts are easy to get, as well as a modern radio, gyro and engine. But you've been warned, you fly it, you crash it, its gone and you buy a new heli anyway if you continue to fly.BTW, looks like the throttle linkage may need rework. Looks like it would have a better shot to the carb if the pushrod was run from the top of the servo wheel instead of the bottom.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Cyberfyn

Yeah, That is one of the early mechanical gyros! You can actually hear it spinning up when it's switched on. Might be an idea to get a modern heading lock type like a GY240 or 401. I'd also get a new battery pack.

Ian F.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:26 AM
dirtrunner42

hey thanks for the advice. i was going to learn how to fly on my night ranger 3d tried to fly it the first day and broke the see sew bar. but come to find out the pitch of the blades are not set right i belive i never got it off the ground got light but never lifted off. could get it to pop ut right of left on the trannig gear but other than that nothing. i am going to fix that soon got wait another 2 weeks but the concept30 should be here any day. just let me know thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
redvtr1000

Yeah,

Your pretty much up the creek on that concept. At your skill level (and I'm not saying it to be mean) we ought to soon be seeing posts that go something like "Does anyone know where I can get parts for this concept 30?"

I had a nexus 30 that I never flew, assembled it and all (minus the radio gear) and threw it in a closet for a couple years. It was still brand new when I got moving into the helis for good a few months ago. Trying to find parts wasn't too easy so I did like you have been suggested to do.

Sell the heli and use the money towards something newer that you can find parts on. Even if you were a pro, chances are that sooner or later you are going to crash it. Then you have all that time/money in a bird that requires you to scour ebay for weeks before you get it going again.

I sold the nexus for 200 bucks, it was brand new with an os .32 that had never seen fuel. I included two sets of blades and even some floats. Sucks knowing how much I payed for all the junk I sent with it but it was definitely the best decision.

I don't have a nitro heli anymore (I do want one though), the electrics have proven a bit easier for me to get into and I would reccomend that route.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
AutoMike

dirtrunner42, dont have a go at this alone. Is there someone close by that you know flys helis and will help you? Those little e-helis are not what the Concept will fly like. I hope if you do take on this Concept that at least you will take a weekend and tear in down and rebuild it oiling all the bearings and bushings and looking for damaged or loose parts. Trust me on this, there is not hardy one single part that a heli can have fail that wont cause a crash. Resist the urge to run it in the driveway till you've checked it out.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Cyberfyn

Correct. I always totally strip, refurb and rebuild a second hand/suspect heli. I buy a lot of crashed/unwanted helis over here in the UK & they always go to a new owner checked, setup and test flown.

Ian F.