Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Caliber 30 Upgraded Linkage System

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Kyosho Caliber 30 Upgraded Linkage System

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 04:57 AM
Vortexgen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Caliber 30 Upgraded Linkage System

See attached pictures of Caliber 30.

It seems common for the Caliber 30 to develop some small oscilation on the elevator axis and appear to porpoise. This is mainly due to play in the linkage system that creeps in over time.

To test your machine, turn on the TX and RX so the servos are powered and set all sticks to center.
Then grab the locating shaft that protrudes aft of the swashplate that passes through the radius plate (the thing that prevents the swash from spinning, and has some indications on it for helping with pitch setup).

Now wiggle the shaft up and down. You are actually wiggling the swashplate up and down. Ideally there would be no play.

Any movement here simply transfers into the head and rotor system. I have managed to reduce the play here with the following upgrades.

This photo shows a bent linkage on the pitch servo ( i use EMS) that occured somehow. I assume it may have been through rapid application of positive or negative pitch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	78119_30617.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	46546  
Old 05-13-2003, 05:02 AM
Vortexgen

Upgraded........

Blue arrows point to stronger 2.3mm linkages and better rod ends, that dont have as much play as the kyosho standard ones. If there is 0.5mm play inbetween each Ball and rod end, by the time it gets to the blade this can be 0.5 X 8 ball ends = 4mm of play.

Red arrows are the Kyosho Genuine Srvo Tray Reinforcement Kit (see other thread)

Yellow Arrow is the Kyosho Elevator Mixing Arm. A handy upgrade but probably not that necessary.

Name:	78120_30617.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	46547  
Old 05-13-2003, 05:09 AM
Vortexgen

Kyosho Upgraded Aileron (X2) and Elevator mixing arms.
Kyosho Upgraded metal swash plate.

I have eliminated all play.................

for the moment.

any comments are appreciated.

I admire the Caliber 30, and would recommend it to any newcomer. These mods are simply upgrades that have helped me reduce the play that is inevitable in any model of primarily plastic construction (every 30 that know) after extensive use and/or abuse of training phase (hard landings, rapid swash changes etc et).

Name:	78123_30617.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	46548  
Old 05-13-2003, 10:45 AM
WOS
My Feedback: (62)

Where do you get these upgrades from Kyosho and how much were they? Whats the address??????
Thank you