Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

caliber 5 and the dx7

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

caliber 5 and the dx7

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:58 PM
computerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caliber 5 and the dx7

does anyone have the setup information for a dx7 on the caliber 5

i have set it up as best i could and it doesnt seem to respond correctly
Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 PM
JFERA22

Default RE: caliber 5 and the dx7

Yes. what settings are you having trouble with/ or do you need the whole general setup? how responsive do you want it 3D? or beginner flying? i just finished setting one up with the DX7 with 9252 FUT servos gy401 gyro. let me know what equiptment you have it makes a real difference? let me know I will do my best to help. JFERA22/aka JOE
Old 07-26-2008, 12:24 PM
computerpilot

well, i have the spektrum servos in there now and i am going to get a gy401 and 9254 tail servo.

any information you have will be helpful

i have both the ems and mms setups. Right now i have the moveable servo tray installed. Any big difference between the 2. I am not looking at doing 3d for a while. so just a basic setup.

thx
Old 07-26-2008, 05:15 PM
JFERA22

The First thing I would do is change the Spektrum Servos immediately!! I'm assuming that they are the ds821's that came with the radio? if they are you do not want to put thoes in a fifty size nitro Heli. spektrum initally said "they would work in ,up to a 30 size nitro,or a 500 size electric"!. NOT THE CASE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD THEM FAIL IN FLIGHT THEY ARE LUCKY NOBODY GOT KILLED!! They are a sport servo and should be treated as such. If you use Locktight on the gears for the servo screw,The junk material becomes brittle and they turn to ash. I would'nt use them in any of my models!! If you have that servo call the Hobbie shop you bought the radio from they MUST GIVE YOU CREDIT AND LET YOU BUY SOMETHING THAT WILL WORK!! If not call HORIZON and they will call the distributor for you . that's what I had to do. When replacing the servos this is where you don't want to be cheep you can save it for another area of the Heli. that is not so important!!! I stress this I went with the Futaba S9252's and yes you cut the little tab off on the plug and it will plug right in to the RX. they work great . If those are to expensive for you. just make sure that they have above 50 oz of torque at 4.8 volts and you want them fairly fast too,anything below 0.17sec. at 4.8 volts should be ok the faster the better.moving on. On the EMS set up If you have it install it now Its very easy the tray just gets filped over and it gets fixed stationary with some bolts, and a couple of the servos get turned around real simple. you get a bit more collective and you dont have to use it right away you tame it down in the TX and when you are ready to let it rip all you do is change a few settings. The Gy401 and the servo is great thats what I'm running. It works good for a lot of people. On your tail linkage I would take some extra time to get it as smooth as possible without it being hooked up. then hook it up and make sure it is not binding in the guides!! you might want to change out the Z bend where it hooks up to the servo. you just cut it tap it and put a link on it and a ball on the horn. it will be a lot smoother. the Z bend will work but it will get sloppy after a while and it might even bind up in the beginning. I changed the whole linkage out to carbon fiber I think that is the best way to go. I would just take your time and don't rush it. if you get fustratd and you will just steo away a lot of times you just go into info overload!! a lot of times when you come back you find a simple solution. I have to run but if you think of anythig else just ask I could go on and on if I get a little time later I will try to pass a few more tips. like I said if you get stuck I will try to help you the best I can GOOD LUCK JOE