Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

what kind of price to ask for kyosho cocept 30 ?

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

what kind of price to ask for kyosho cocept 30 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:17 PM
nu2tune
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of price to ask for kyosho cocept 30 ?

I bought a kyosho concept 30 a few years back that was kit form in a box. it has an o.s 32 and futaba skyport 6 ch. tx. and reciver, and servos, battery pack. the only thing missing is the canopy. this has never been flown and only parcially assembled. the radio equipment is used but in excellent shape. looking to find out what it's worth in cash or trade i would like a bigger sized electric helicopter to fly outside just seems less intimidating and yes i'm new to helicopters...thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: what kind of price to ask for kyosho cocept 30 ?

Could be worth quite a bit to the right person. They are vintage helis now, so to collectors, an un-used one will be most sought after. I'd recommend the eBay route. Possibly with worldwide viewing if you're up to the postage requirements. The radio gear might go for a $40-50 ish.

I recently sold a reconditioned Concept 30 DX in the UK for 250ukp

Ian F.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:43 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Please don't let this turn into a buying/selling thread.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:34 PM
nu2tune

thankyou for the information cyberfyn. not looking to turn the forum into a buying and selling sight barracudahockey , just looking for information...is'nt that what forums are for?
Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Yep!

But given how long I've been around here, I've seen a lot of these threads go awry.

BTW, I learned to fly on a Concept 30, great little heli in it's day. That and the Shuttle taught a LOT of people how to fly without having to have an engineering degree to get the thing in the air.

The skysport was one of the radios that pioneered the "idle up" concept where when you flicked the switch you didn't really have another flight mode like modern radios but it would just prevent the throttle from going below a set point to keep your head speed from dropping if you went upside down for a second or during descents.

List it on ebay and take what you get would be my advice, the market will pay you what its worth for the most part. You might get lucky or you might end up giving it away but it will move, people are always looking for parts for those things. Especially the foam blades.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:35 PM
nu2tune

thankyou guy's i appreciate the input...so as a new heli pilot how difficult would this be to fly compared to the newer models would this be considered an easy or hard heli to fly?
Old 12-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Cyberfyn

I, like Cuda, learned to fly with a Concept 30 way back in .92 (I still have a hanger queen SR-T model) And they make great learning helis..... But one crash and you'll be stuck for parts. It's been out of production for so long now.

Sell it and get yourself a mid range electric or Raptor or caliber3 IC model. Get a simulator and join a local club would be my first advice though.

RC helicopters are the most difficult models to learn to fly. But he rewards are great

Ian F.