Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kyosho Concept 60 SR restoring

Hi guys, I am now a new owner of a Old Concept heli. It is a Kyosho Concept 60 Sr. Never really had this huge of a heli before. Anyways
    I need help to walk me through some stuff. I am going to restore it also it never been flown. Anybody have one? I have a problem on
    the pdf manual. Number 10 engine assembly. I am using OS 61 SX, as you can see on the pic's, I think it should have a prop adapter/washer
    but aint sure. Please anybody with experience on these helicopter or even a model simular. Motor ame with the clutch/gear and fan. I am pretty
    sure it need the prop adapter/washer then clutch/gear goes over the shaft, then the fan, then i looked inside, theres no enough length for the nut.
    Here is some pic and one of them I got a quetion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf98599.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	1053258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf12800.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	1053259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qv55649.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	1053260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bu57868.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	1053261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bm75141.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	1053262  

Hi my name is Jim and I am a Heliholic. Darn Heli-Crack Addiction!! lol
    AMA LICENSE NUMBER: 928146

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Kyosho Concept 60 SR restoring

bump
    Hi my name is Jim and I am a Heliholic. Darn Heli-Crack Addiction!! lol
    AMA LICENSE NUMBER: 928146

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know the answer to your question but good luck, that was an impressive heli in it's day.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just in case you didn't get the answer to your question.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk27317.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	1069170  
    Takeoff is optional, landing is mandatory

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't think you need that big prop washer I think that is only for an airplane application the clutch,the clutch bell the smaller nutt and washer, and the fan with the steel hex nut in the inside for starting. id all you need for a heli. I have a kyosho caliber 5 my engine nor my heli came with a airplane propbell/counter weight hope this helps good luck.
    \"VOLAAAARE WAY UP IN THE SKY\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had that same helicopter and engine combination and I have the engine and clutch assembly right here also ready to go. It's an OS 61SXH with the three needle carburetor. It's like brand new and just broken in. Helicopter crashed about a month ago! Parts for that bird now are the problem because I did the same thing that you are now doing and as I said it lasted one flight, I had a old Direct Connection gyro on it that had been crashed before on a Concept 46VR, I think thats what did in the 60SR as it went total Wacko in flight into high speed Piro into Ground. End of Concept 60SR. Good luck with your project. You can't get the white nylon gear anymore that I know of. Some key parts for 60SR have been discontinued by Kyosho! Really has pissed me off on parts for old Kyosho Copters. Anyways like I said I have the same Engine and Clutch assembly along with a few other parts maybe you'd like to get a hold of me. After the crash I pulled out engine & clutch along with radio and threw it out. To be honest I'm trying to phase out completly of all Kyosho copters because of how they do the parts thing on down the road.
    I have an even older X-Cell 60 from Minature Aircraft that I can still get all the parts for and it's American made. As I said good luck with your project and finding the needed parts. My 60 SR satup in the rafters at Parents house for over 10 years before the restoration was complete.
    It was one of the things I did get to keep after a nasty divorce. But I had a goal to at least get it airborne once and that did happen. I have had a lot of Kyosho helicopters over the years especially Concepts. You might want to consider an onboard glow driver on that 60 Sr. I had a lot of trouble with a reliable idle. I might consider parting with OS 61SXH and clutch assembly and other parts for 60SR that I have. It was an awsome looking machine in it's time! Well I got a lot of copter stories that I could tell you also. Had a Concept 30SX fly away once until it ran out of fuel out of site. Showed up at local hobby shop about three weeks later. That flight was a real Trip! Feel free to call me if you'd like. Don Holder (269) 964-0862 Bye