Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

concept 30 trouble

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

concept 30 trouble

Old 11-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Fflier9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default concept 30 trouble

while starting my concept 30, I didn't see that the carburetor barrel was hanging out the carb. So as you can imagine when i started it was at full throttle, and i had to hold the rotor head and claw at the fuel tubing to get it to shut off. i'm so frustrated with this thing....it's been problem after problem. I guess I will try to fix this. What do I need to replace the gear in there? I know absolutely nothing about the inner workings of these helis, can some one point me in the right direction with a part name..like a clutch gear. ANY help would be appreciated...any help at all Thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: concept 30 trouble

Which gear has stripped? The large maingear or the pinion gear (I think they are bevelled on the concept) It might be tricky to get spares now though. Check ebay for donor parts or airframes.

Ian F.

ps Scary isn't it. Trying to hang onto a screamimg chopper
Old 11-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Fflier9
My Feedback: (4)

the only one that stripped is the one directly mounted in the clutch...the one on the crankshaft. Also most of the other parts are toasted, the weight and fan.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Pat1954

Here is a link to to a site online that has online manuals for the Concept 30s (http://www.concept30.co.uk/). You didn't mention which model you have so I can't help you with part numbers but you will find them in the manual that goes with your model of Concept 30. Ebay is the place I get my parts there are usually several parts listed. Buy spares of everything if you want to keep your Concept 30 because you are going to need them sometime and the parts are getting harder and harder to find.