Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

kyosho concept HELP!

Hello,
    I'm new to helis and I was given an old Concept 30 (SE/DX i think).
    Now I know why it was given to me......cause you can't get parts for it!
    anyway I quickly learned that to buy new blades I would need to buy the main rotor grip upgrade. On ebay I found someone selling Nexus 30 grips and in the description they said it would be a good upgrade for a concept 30.
    Now I'm second guessing myself for buying them and just wanted to check to see if I made the right choice. I only gave 16 bucks for em so not all is lost. I just want to find the right grips so i can get the bird running. Thanks for your help!
    An out of tune engine is like an ugly woman....you just end up with a dead stick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: kyosho concept HELP!

I don't think they will fit but give them a try when they get there.

You will need a set of bearings for those grips, I know the bearings are different.

They don't make nexus parts either.

I was going to tell you that isn't a good heli to learn on because you're always trying to scrounge up parts.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was afraid of that. The description said that the bearing were installed.
    I just saw the word "FREE" and decided to give it a shot. I'll do what I can with it, if it works so be it. if not, I planned on getting a raptor next year anyway. I would rather get my bumps n bruises on this one if possible. I've been practicing on a sim and now i want to get out and fly one. good times
    An out of tune engine is like an ugly woman....you just end up with a dead stick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well I just spoke with the seller of the nexus grips. He said he has flown alot of concepts and always put nexus grips on them to avoid the limitations of the thinner blades. I feel better now. I might get to fly a heli after all