Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

TR servo at 90º setup? Nexus 30

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

TR servo at 90º setup? Nexus 30

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 AM
jofs3d
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TR servo at 90º setup? Nexus 30

Hello, I am new here. I am a beginner building a old Kyosho Nexus 30 and I need some help from the more experienced users out there. As I am building the tail boom assy I came across with a problem. The manual calls for the tail rotor servo to be at 90º (If I understood correctly) however the rod that goes all the way back to the TR blades don´t seem to be long enough to be able to set up accordingly this servo in its 90º position. If I try to connect the rods then I will have a lot of positive pitch in my TR blades, and I don´t think this is good, but again I am a beginner. Therefore I am quite probably ignoring something here.

Btw the rod is the original that comes with the Nexus.

What I´d like to know is if the servo positioning is done via the tx, or should I add a extension? Is this trivial?

I´d apreciate any input! And excuse my english if you had trouble understanding me.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
rced

Default RE: TR servo at 90º setup? Nexus 30

Hello there...

90 degrees sounds about right but it is not critical as long asthe servo does not bind. The original TRwire in the kitwas in two pieces and was joined by a collar with two set screws. The collar slid along side the tail boom. You could make the wire longer or shorter depending how far you inserted theends of the wire halvesin the collar.

The tail rotor blades need to be set at4 degrees in the neutral position. Four degrees is not much, it looks like a small offset in the tail rotor blades.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 PM
jofs3d
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: TR servo at 90º setup? Nexus 30

Thanks for your reply, I apreciate it, you are the first one to reply since months!

I have it fixed already and learn a few things along the way as well. What I did was to replace the old rod with a new one so that I could extend it comfortably to set the servo at 90º, as I bought the heli used I am not sure if the previous owner had shorten the rod or not. Either way the helicopter was sold after using it for a while, it was a nice looking machine.

Best regards