Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Using the pitch guage, concept 30 sr-t

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Using the pitch guage, concept 30 sr-t

Old 06-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Brick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using the pitch guage, concept 30 sr-t

Hi, I'm totally new to r/c heli scene. I picked up an old concept 30 sr-t a couple of weeks ago. It's been stored in an attic for the last few years, so I took it apart using the manual and after checking all the distances between all the linkages I put it back together.
Everything is working properly, but I need a hand to set the pitch of the blades. I have a pitch guage but dont know to use it.
I dont have a blade balancer, so i weighed both blades seperatly, they weigh the same. Also the centre of gravity I found by balancing the blades on a thick pencil, on a level table. Both were almost together.

How do I use the pitch guage. Cheers
Old 06-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Vortexgen

just remember to hold the flybar parallel to the ground, or perpendicular to the mast to take your pitch readings.
Put the pitch guage on the blade, vertically allign the guage with the mast and read the pitch at the various collective positions.

with collective at half travel, this should put the helicopter in a hover, and in the hover the pitch should be somewhere close to positive 5 degrees.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Brick

Thanks, I'll try that when i get home from work this eve. Hopefully and with a bit of patience (setting up the servos) I should be ready to rock n roll by the w/end.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:52 AM
Rotor13B

I use a toothpick to keep the flybar level when I set my blade pitch.