RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kyosho Helicopters (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kyosho-helicopters-215/)
-   -   quick cooling fan caliber 30 (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kyosho-helicopters-215/1272811-quick-cooling-fan-caliber-30-a.html)

caliberdave 11-12-2003 08:26 PM

quick cooling fan caliber 30

Installed a Quick cooling fan today & I will have to due some machining to the underside. The drive belt rubbs on the underside of the fan & this causes the main rotor to spin all the time. Acts like the clutch is partially engaged. I compared the Quick to the stock fan & noticed the Quick fan design on the bottom is considerably different. It starts to taper from halfway across the diameter of the fan to the motor shaft hole. This makes this hole area larger than the stock fan & allows the drive belt to rub. The under side of the stock fan is smaller in diameter than the drive gear on the clutch so the drive belt clears without touching. Since the clutch gear doesn't have a built in belt guide like the big gear in the back, the belt will ride as high as the big gear allows it to. In the case of the Qucik fan, that allows the belt to rub the underside of the fan all the time. I think I can turn down that section of the Quick fan to solve the problem. Anybody else run into this or have another solution?

besunta 11-13-2003 11:48 AM

RE: quick cooling fan caliber 30

1 Attachment(s)
I had the same problem has you but with the correct fan.

I solved it changing my clutch to the new caliber clutch, it prevents the drive belt of touching the cooling fan.

Take a look at the picture and you'll notice why!

I bought mine at tower hobbies. I think it's a great upgrade.

caliberdave 11-13-2003 11:51 AM

That will solve the problem, too. Do you have the part number?:D

besunta 11-17-2003 07:34 AM

Yes I have it's: CA3505

caliberdave 11-17-2003 09:30 AM

Thanks, I found it & it should be here today. Thanks agian.:D

Sunday Flyer52 11-17-2003 12:38 PM

Can anyone confirm that the new clutch from Kyosho uses existing bearings and is a direct (but better) replacement for the stock unit? I want to order one as well and want to make sure there are no other parts I will require.

Thanks in advance.

besunta 11-17-2003 05:46 PM

Yes, it uses the existing bearings and is a direct replacement and much much better than the stock one.

caliberdave 11-18-2003 10:22 AM

Just received mine in the mail from Tower. Looks good. Plan to install this weekend.:D

besunta 11-18-2003 01:33 PM

You guys are very lucky, when I order from tower hobbies i have to wait 1 month to get my parts .. [:@] .. I live in Europe ...

caliberdave 11-18-2003 03:42 PM

When I order from the UK it only takes about a week. I don't know why it takes Tower's that long to get to you. [:o]Are you in a remote area of Portugal?

aerodynamic18 11-19-2003 06:58 AM

hey im thinking about getting the quick uk cooling fan and the new metal clutch bell from kyosho and will they fit on together wit out a prob and could some people post a pic of them installed please thanks

besunta 11-20-2003 07:00 AM

One week?? Really? I can't understand ... i live in Oporto, wich is the second greatest city in Portugal ... i've made 3 orders from tower hobbies and they always take one month to get here and i pay for the fastest delivery ...

aerodynamic18 11-25-2003 06:33 AM

could someone please post a pick with the metal clutch bell and the quick fan installed cause i want to see it before i order them:)

besunta 11-25-2003 06:36 AM

If you want i can post a picture bu with the correct fan and the metal clutch because that's the one i have installed

aerodynamic18 11-26-2003 08:01 AM

yea please besunta if you woulnt mind would u post 1, and if anyone has the quick fan installed could u post a pic 2