RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kyosho Helicopters (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kyosho-helicopters-215/)
-   -   Caliber 5 Belt Tension (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kyosho-helicopters-215/4425035-caliber-5-belt-tension.html)

alqwad 06-24-2006 06:31 AM

Caliber 5 Belt Tension

Let me first say that I am a total helicopter newbie... My buddy, who is a pretty experienced heli-guy is assembling my new Caliber 5. It's coming along nicely, but I had one question. Again, since I'm a newb, forgive me for my lack of technical terms. The "main drive belt" seems to be pretty slack. There doesn't appear to be any way to tighten it either. It goes from the clutch assembly to the main rotor gear. Neither of the two seems to be able to be pulled/slid to increase tension. The only obvious way would be to move the engine forward or aft, but the mounting location is fixed and can't be moved. Has anyone else noticed this and is it or has it been a problem? Thanks in advance. -RME :D

Cyberfyn 06-25-2006 05:35 AM

RE: Caliber 5 Belt Tension

Can't help on the Caliber 5, but my Caliber 30's main belt tension is pretty tight. In fact I thought too tight, but like you say there is no adjustment so I would assume they are designed like this, so don't worry. Mine certainly fly's OK :D

Ian F.

alqwad 06-25-2006 08:17 AM

Thanks. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. :(

hoj527 06-26-2006 11:53 AM

I have both the Caliber 30 and the Caliber 5. The belt tension on the 5 is real loose compared to the 30, but I haven't experienced any trouble with it thru a gallon of fuel.

HTH,
Bob

alqwad 06-26-2006 12:55 PM

Again, thanks for the help. Might get it up in the air today. I'll let y'all know how it goes... :eek:

alqwad 06-27-2006 11:04 PM

Well, my buddy finished up the heli today and after a few tanks of idling, we (he was piloting) decided to get it up in the air for a bit. All was well with the belt tension issue. No problems it seems. As for me, I guess I should give flying it a try soon... :eek:

rese 10-24-2006 05:56 PM

Hi guys i have a c5 also and i love it and the belt can be adjusted all you have to do is unthighen th 4 screws that hold the tail boom and slide the boom back or forward once you have the right belt tension tighten the screws and thats all to it. ENJOY YOUR C5 IT A GREAT HELI.
Sorry guys i got the wrong belt, my bad, and you are right it is no way to tighen that belt but you'll find it to be just find so dont worry just fly, it handels great but if you have the time get the ems kit and make it ccpm it handels even better and flies so good and reacts with little effort you got to try it.