RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kyosho Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kyosho-helicopters-215/)
-   -   kyosho nexus 30 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kyosho-helicopters-215/8409360-kyosho-nexus-30-a.html)

mxer958 01-27-2009 08:03 PM

kyosho nexus 30

a friend of mine has one for sale that i will prob end up buying. he is only asking 200 for it. its a complete kit. already assembled and ready to fly. he has no use for it anymore and said he isnt very good at flying it. how is obtaining parts for it and is it also a single rotor beginner friendly? i went to the kyosho site and it says there is a supplier down the road but idk

TimJ 01-27-2009 09:58 PM

RE: kyosho nexus 30

If you are learning to fly I would not fly the Nexus. Although the Nexus is friendly for beginner pilots, parts are very hard to get due to the heli being 10 years old. I would want to push you to purchase a Caliber 5 or Caliber 6 if you want to stick with the Kyosho brand. Fly the Nexus when you have become an accomplished rotory winged pilot. :)

mxer958 01-27-2009 10:20 PM

does the caliber 5 and 6 come in complete kits ready to go? or will i have to also get a transmitter and receiver and motor and all that

TimJ 01-27-2009 10:25 PM

You will need to purchase everything for these helis. Any hi performance heli that is worth a darn will require you to purchase equipment.

mxer958 01-27-2009 10:32 PM

so what would you say overall price would be for a decent (not top of the line but decent) setup be?

TimJ 01-28-2009 11:18 AM

If you are starting from nothing, and depending on the brand equipment you purchase, you could spend $600 to around $1200+ for everything you would need. Price will depend on the type of equipment you purchase.

Shuubbee 02-12-2009 06:24 PM

For $200 don't you think that this would be a worthy trainer rather than investing in a new trainer plus all the extras...crash and burn - oh well, just keep the guts - no?

jvanoy3 02-27-2009 06:41 PM

I just picked up one of these today from a guy that walked into our hobby shop. He was only asking $150 for it and it was ready to fly so i will let you no how it goes!

BarracudaHockey 02-27-2009 09:59 PM

They fly ok with a decent gyro but as someone said, they don't make a good trainer because they are hard to get parts for, as soon as you ding it you could be waiting weeks to find parts.

An ideal trainer isn't necessarily a cheap helicopter but one you can keep in the air because the only way to learn this hobby is to fly and fly often.

blvdbuzzard 03-01-2009 09:15 PM

You can get some of the parts from Kyosho USA, EBAY is another, but they are getting harder and harder to find. I am putting mine back in the air because no one wants to buy it. It is a very stable helicopter but after a crash it may be hard to get it back together with all of its parts.

Dru.

glydrjocky 03-04-2009 08:46 PM

One of the guys at the field showed up with a Nexus sporting an OS .32 . After working with him for a few weekends we finally got it up and running after I convinced him that he needed to actually run the heli with the main blades on it in order to "test the engine"

Once we got the throttle and pitch curves set up I was pleasantly surprised at how well it flew although it did have some peculiar things like the top cone start and the wire driven tail rotor but overall it was a sound helicopter.

However, as has been stated, the parts issue can rear its ugly head and I know from leaning to fly and break my Hirobo Shuttle that parts support in helicopters is EVERYTHING. Hence the reason I have become such a Hirobo fan. My ancient Shuttle ZX continues to fly and this gentlemens Nexus was sold on Ebay after he broke the gear and some other parts. He's no longer flying helicopters but his buddy with the Align Trex 600 nitro is going strong.

subsinker 03-04-2009 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I agree, parts are getting tougher and tougher... too bad to. I had a Legato (Nexus with an OS52 4 stroke) that I loved to fly. I did a few tweaks with it ( a few carbon parts and a fuel pump for the engine) and that heli was about my favorite to fly. I ended up selling it a couple of years ago just for that reason. I was afraid I would eventually wear out something that I would not be able to replace. If I could find a steady stream of parts I would have kept it, no doubt. Very smooth and I loved the sound of that little 4 stroke.

Pete