Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

lakeland pro bro is on!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

lakeland pro bro is on!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 02:32 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lakeland pro bro is on!

wow, the cookeville probro was so much fun, I want to do one down here! will take a while to work out the details, but I am off new year's weekend, can anyone make it down here jan. 1-2 2005? or is that a bad date? I figure a lot of people off that week, and what better way to beat the winter blahs than to go to fla.? we are 4 miles from fantasy of flight museum, 30 miles from disney, 30 miles from busch gardens, if that's any incentive if you guys think that's a good date, I will try to arrange everything for then. thanks!
Old 07-19-2004, 05:23 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: lakeland pro bro?

I'd love a Lakeland ProBro. A bit later in the year would be better, like shortly after I get my tax refund back I have a place to stay already reserved down the road in Bartow. My parents recently moved down to Bartow after living in the mobile home park off 98 there in Lakeland. Is your field the one on the main east-west road, I'm thinking 92? I have stopped by when I have been down but noone has ever been there when I was.
Plan it and they will come!
Matt
Old 07-19-2004, 05:33 PM
wild fred

The imperial club is right along 60 east of bartow. We fly at a field just north of I-4. Regardless of what time of year you come down you are more than welcome to fly at our club, and imperial is really good about letting people guest fly, too. I don't have any contact info for them, but we have a link on ama site under fla. clubs or just let me know here!
Old 07-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

Whats a tax refund? Oh yeah, for many people its money they get because they decided to have kids! Wow and i get to pay for it or they will take away my house![:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-19-2004, 07:02 PM
wild fred

hah! yeah, I give them as little as possible, and have to pay at the end of the year... but at least I earn interest on the money I owe them!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

First, Some of us with kids pay one HELL of a lot of taxes, especially those of us who are self-employed. But this thread isn't about that.....

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO for a FL ProBro event. I'd easily make the Jan 1 date, as we try to take the Xmas and New Year weeks off anyway as our annual vacation (construction stops then any way)

Talk to StatCat too. I've ben bugging him to do one in FL, and there are several others down there, as I'm sure you know!!

If you're serious, don't wait too long to set the dates, I don't want to miss this one!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:53 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

No kids here that I get to take any deductions on. Just me and the wife. I have been left owing several times when I didn't have any cash to pay it. I prefer to have extra taken as insurance against owing again.

The only hassle would be shipping planes so I could fly down.
Matt
Old 07-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Matt, you can fly my stuff, which is the definition of a word in the ProBro dictionary, but that's annother story. It would just be TOO COOL to get the bros together in FL in the winter......
Old 07-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Kenny R

A Pro Bro in the middle of winter in a nice warm place......sounds like one he11 of an idea

Hang with the Bro's a couple days lay on the beach a couple days........If I can work it out I will be there!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Burrito Bandito

Wild Fred,

I'm there! Got a free room and hardly ever have to convince the wife that we need to go see her parents! The Jan. 1, date is good with me, but don't know how to get the family AND my planes down there at the same time. Maybe some of the Memphis Mafia will have access to a trailer and graciously offer to haul my small stable of biotches down for the festivities?....hint, hint
Old 07-19-2004, 09:46 PM
wild fred

looking good for the 1st, then. will talk to the club prez about it next time I see him and see about the o.k. on it. shouldn't be a problem, but will make sure before we go ahead. as far as planes, I usually have 3 or 4 going and bob has a few also, so if anyone doesn't have a ride they can fly the mini or the omp or whatever is flyable then... maybe even an extreme edge 540
Old 07-20-2004, 09:38 AM
wild fred

Default RE: lakeland pro bro is on!

I talked to the prez. today, he didn't see any problem with the date and said go ahead! He said he'd even bring his big boy out and fly with us.

So, Lakeland, Fla. jan. 1-2 (I'll be there every day from the 28th on, though, if anyone needs to come earlier).

Wild Fred sez: come on down!
Old 07-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Dennis Tampa FL

Wild-Fred, This is Dennis in Tampa and I'll Beeee Thererrrr, When it gets closer to the date, Contact me to see if I can help you all with details/work.

Hey did you recently win a Extreme flight 540 40 size, and if you did, do ya want to sell it? As I only have the Sledge and don't like only having 1 capable plane? Save me from ordering one. I also want a Mini 3D I can order that.

Dennis In Tampa.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

I just told the wife about it. Her answer "Yahoo for US!!!!!"

I'm thinking we should find out who had that big boat they were telling us about! And then there's the beaches, the theme parks, the beaches, the bars, the beaches...........
Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Kenny R

I talked to my other half and she is ready to go now, but I guess we will wait till jan 1&2
Old 07-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Xtremerc

YOU SUXS
Old 07-20-2004, 11:49 PM
Bolio

How far is this from Miami. Traveling to Miami is easy from Merida but from there to Lake land I don´t know.
Any directions will be welcomed.
Thanks.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:36 AM
remcl1

This is going to be a great time. From Miami to Lakeland is about 4 hours (240 mi) depending on stops and traffic. Go to this link to see a map.

http://www.propbustersrc.com/prop-map.GIF

I am helping Wild Fred get this one off the ground, so all suggestions are welcome.

The last time I took the family back up to Michigan I used a car topper to hold my planes. It worked out well.

Looks like it is a go, so come on down and soak up some sun.

Details to follow.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:05 AM
wild fred

from miami, take u.s. 27 north to 60 west to 98 north. about 4 hours. or fly in tampa, and take I-4 east about 40 miles.

isn't it funny how easy it is to talk the wives into going to a fly in when you mention the word beach? kinda a cool way to beat winter, too; take i-75 to tampa/st.pete, stay a couple days on the beach, run up i-4 to the fly in, back home in time for work tuesday.

most direct way to field from north is take turnpike to u.s. 27/19 exit (costs 1.25) get off going right. take right on u.s. 19 to groveland. when there go left about a mile and right on 33. go about 35 miles on 33, and when you see the I-4 overpass, tomkow road will be on your right. it dead ends at the field.

bob has a flyer made up, he will post it here soon. will probably bring a few to nashville, as i think i can make that one. and more info as it comes together!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:00 PM
crazystix

Thanks Wild Fred! Now I FINALLY have a reason to get an AMA card! Have you posted this on the PRO-BRO site yet? I cant wait to meet these crazy guys from the internet. Now I need a Burrito, and a Sledge, and........
Old 07-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Dennis Tampa FL

Wild Fred Please check your PM's Thanks, Dennis
Old 07-21-2004, 08:39 PM
remcl1

Here is the flier. Let me know if you have any questions. More info will follow as we get closer to the date.
It came out a little small. Oh well just print or you can click the image run your cursor over it and hit the icon that pops up that looks like a sailboat going into the horizon. Hope all can make it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93857.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	155983  
Old 07-22-2004, 03:01 AM
stratcat98

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,Pro Bro's in Florida....about time, I'll make up some "free" stickers....free...what was that...free.....yes, FREE
Old 07-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Tigman

wild fred l havent said much here on the post, But l'd love to join you as well.There is another probro just north of me(hacker) inStAugustine and he's ready to come back into the show. two weeks ago l had a pbf duke out with him.whata blast! l'm also going to try and make it to Nashville, you going?

Will
Old 07-23-2004, 11:29 AM
wild fred

yeah, I'm going! been talking cookeville pro bro up so much that I think bob and my boy might even go... will be a great time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.