Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

Old 07-17-2002, 06:16 PM
jamonmodels
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

It's good see both sides of this issue. It's hard to understand what's going with the issue when one speaks and the other just ignores. Most of the time Mfg. don't give a damm about issues. Anyhow, hopefully things will come to an end about this and LMH has done it's best to clear this situation.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

I just KNEW there had to be more to this than what was posted originally, because it's been my experience that the Arlton brothers will bend WAY over backwards to make things right when there's a problem.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:18 AM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default WELCOME

This is so cool!
I knew there was more to the rest of the story. I Have read everything I can on the history of LMH 100,100+,110 and now the 117 and Corona 120 and how your company came to be.
YOU MIGHT SAY I AM A FAN.
Look forward to seeing you around. AGAIN WELCOME
Joe
Old 07-18-2002, 12:34 AM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lite machine

Its good to see the people that produce the product get involved in the discussion. More companies should get involved in after the sale service, its good for all concerned. Now all I need to decide is glow or electric?. Thanks Lite Machines for the confidence boost.
Old 07-18-2002, 02:19 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The LHS were I work has dealt with LMH since they first started out. We have had no problems at all. There parts support is great. Sometimes we have to wait awhile on kits, but we always get the parts. I recommend their products highly.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:40 PM
rocket58

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got a Corona from LMH too.I ordered spare blades and tail rotors with my kit.What I got for spares wasn't what I ordered.Then they want to tell me I ordered the wrong parts instead of admitting they have a problem with their shopatron ordering system. I wrote them and they said send the parts back and they will resend the correct parts.So I have to pay shipping twice for their mistakes.I'm not a happy camper about that.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:41 PM
Fissy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Aaaah, the old "he said, he said" story. It's happened to me b4 and it'll happen, from time to time, again to many of us.

Paul,
Do you have the original online order form submitted by Matt ?

Matt,
Do you have the original order form ? I'm assuming you either printed out the online order when you pressed the "order" button or received a confirmation e-mail of the order ? What exactly is the part description ? Did it have "117" in the description like Paul said ? Maybe you can post a picture of it here.

Anyway, not that I have a clue as to what a crutch is or what it looks like but I do know that customers have a tendency to assemble things b4 fully verifiying it's the right one or trying to make the wrong part fit anyway. Is this wrong ? Technically, yes, but it is human nature.

Lastly, many of us love a certain vendor because we have never had a problem or the problem was minor or very "black & white". It's a tough situation for the vendor to know when to eat their costs in the name of "customer service" or refuse to budge for a customer who may be taking advantage. It's a tough call. To further complicate things, many online stores operate with a very low overhead and low markup so the profit margin is tight. That's one of the reasons why shipping is a frequent sticking point since the item's cost may be passed on to the manufacturer but the shipping is absorbed by the vendor. The problem with that is shipping costs are higher for the customer than the vendor due to volume.

Another example of why we need to be careful when ordering and verify our order b4 using.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:56 PM
rocket58

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Update: I sent the parts back to LMH. Their representative called me today and said that one of the parts I returned wasn't there.It was two tail fins and two rotor blades.I counted four pieces when I sealed the bag. I know they lost it.They won't admit it.They also said I had to pay the shipping again($5.00).It cost 1.16 to return the parts back to them.They like to stick it to you every chance they can. I won't order nothing through them again.When I need parts ; I'll go through a hobby shop. If they keep doing business like this ; it won't be long before they run their selves out of business.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:55 AM
lnjfarms

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I also am a lite machines fan and want to say hello to Paul.
I purchased a corona 120 about 4 months ago and now am
learning forward flight. I have found the corona to be an excellent design and very forgiving in a crash (unlike my shuttle).
Lite machines has always been very good on shipping parts to me and there have been no mistakes. Shop-a-tron which Handel's there on line business is ok but slow to update the parts list. If there is any question I always order direct by phone.
I have had several conversations with their techs and company managers and they have always answered my questions and offered help and been very genial.
In short the lite machines is a good product with super parts support and reasonable prices.

No they don't sponsor me

Jr Mc
Old 08-06-2002, 03:39 PM
Paul Arlton

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Parts ordering problem

Originally posted by rocket58
Update: I sent the parts back to LMH. Their representative called me today and said that one of the parts I returned wasn't there.It was two tail fins and two rotor blades.I counted four pieces when I sealed the bag. I know they lost it.They won't admit it.They also said I had to pay the shipping again($5.00).It cost 1.16 to return the parts back to them.They like to stick it to you every chance they can. I won't order nothing through them again.When I need parts ; I'll go through a hobby shop. If they keep doing business like this ; it won't be long before they run their selves out of business.

I believe this listing was made by Mr. David Hackett.

Mr. Hackett picked out the following parts on-line and placed an electronic order through Shopatron:

(1) LMC1-00120 Corona Helicopter Kit
(2) LMC1-82051 Tail fin, white
(2) LMC-1-92679 Main rotor blade, white

Lite Machines received Mr. Hackett's electronic order and shipped:

(1) LMC1-00120 Corona Helicopter Kit
(2) LMC1-82051 Tail fin, white
(2) LMC-1-92679 Main rotor blade, white

We understand now that Mr. Hackett actually wanted to order "LMC1-39675 MR blade, S2 13x0, white," but we did not take his order by phone and there was no way for us to know this from his electronic order.

Lite Machines currently offers 14 different rotor blades (short, long and various colors). When we receive an electronic order, we have no idea about the intentions of the purchaser. Many of our customers have both gas and electric helicopters. Many wish to experiment with long blades on gas helicopters and short blades on electric helicopters (short blades on electric helicopters can work better than long blades for certain brushless motors with fast windings).

On August 1, 2002, Mr. Hackett sent Lite Machines an e-mail similar to his posting above, but he added this:

"You like to stick it to customers when you can. Well, LMH has got its name on a couple of RC forums for bad business practices. Maybe if enough people read it, it will cost you a lot more than what it's costing me."

I cannot understand why anyone would think we get our jollies by "sticking it" to our customers. We at Lite Machines enjoy designing and manufacturing helicopters and dealing with people who share our interests. We do not enjoy hearing about problems, so we try to do things that minimize unhappy phone calls.

Please, double check item numbers before ordering. If you have any questions, please call and we will check the item numbers for you. Also, before posting complaints, consider that there are thinking people on this side of the phone who are trying their best to serve you and make your hobby more enjoyable.

Paul Arlton
Old 08-06-2002, 03:42 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Paul Arlton if you could please answer the questions in the manufacture section. Thanks
Old 01-01-2003, 06:29 AM
SkyHawke

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Where is the LMH Mfg Section/Forum?

>>Paul Arlton if you could please answer the questions in the manufacture section. Thanks

Where is the LMH Section?

I realize this thread is a little old, but it is highly relevant in my quest for the "Ultimate Electric Heli" . . .

I have to admit that the Mfg's reply(ies) in this thread, as well as the support from others (who thought it odd that LMH had bad support) is helping to influence my decision. . .

Thanks

-=SkyHawke=-