Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 10:45 AM
R/Ckrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

Placed an "online" order through their website, they ended up sending me the wrong part due to a mistake in their system (ordered standard crutch kit, ended up with some new crutch for a new "117" heli that is not even advertised yet).

Would not take the wrong one back, would not let me talk to the owner, the best offer they gave me was for me to BUY anther one, and I get free shipping. My jaw hit the floor, demanded to talk to the owner, office manager lady says, "I'll let him know, and if he wants to call you he will".

Guess what ? Never called.

Am I the only one that has taken this kind of abuse from Lite Machines, or am I the only unlucky sucker?
Old 07-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Default Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

Sounds like very poor way to run a business , you would think these guy's would realize that the Internet can spread bad business practices at the speed of light.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Deman

Thanks for the info. I will surely think twice before i order anything from them.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:02 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, I have ordered alot of stuff from them and they have always been very nice and never got the wrong thing.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:17 PM
R/Ckrazy

I did the the order via their website, and they have a second party that takes and processes the order, and they simply had incorrect info in their system....no prob everyone makes mistakes...BUT when it came time to correct the $18 problem.....they said NO WAY.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:20 PM
jamonmodels
My Feedback: (3)

You should forward all post to Lite Machine and let them know the word is out
Old 07-09-2002, 02:34 PM
Furyflyer2

Good Idea and if they want to redeem themselves , tell them to send RCU a heli to review. LOL
Old 07-09-2002, 02:44 PM
JohnVH

or five
Old 07-09-2002, 02:54 PM
sw1241
My Feedback: (1)

Default Credit card transaction

call your card co and have them reverse the transaction.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:12 PM
Furyflyer2

Originally posted by JohnVH
or five
That would be way cool ......
Old 07-09-2002, 03:22 PM
JohnVH

HAHA, you hit the wrong button didnt you, I seen that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2002, 03:34 PM
R/Ckrazy

I can tell you this....if I am going to continue playing with this copter...I will have my local hobby store order the parts from now on. Unfortunatley since there is only one Lite machines company, they pretty much have me by the b_lls if I want to keep it in the air.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:19 PM
warlock1174
My Feedback: (23)

Default Wow. I'm shocked

Well, I have not had to order very many things directly from LMH, but on the few occasions that I have, they have been polite, courteous and respectful. And, when you call the office, you are not dealing with a second party. The number in the instruction book is their corporate office. And I have spoke to David and Paul Arlton (the designers of the LMH) several times with silly questions, and have always had a great conversation.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:06 PM
Furyflyer2

Originally posted by JohnVH
HAHA, you hit the wrong button didnt you, I seen that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes you caught me , their to close together lol ahhh.
Old 07-10-2002, 02:18 AM
Joe K

Maybe someone there was having a bad day and was just taking it out on you. Try again. Its hard to find good help now days.
Sorry this happened to you. KEEP us posted on what happens.
Joe
Old 07-10-2002, 03:27 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Default Re: Wow. I'm shocked

Originally posted by warlock1174
Well, I have not had to order very many things directly from LMH, but on the few occasions that I have, they have been polite, courteous and respectful. And, when you call the office, you are not dealing with a second party. The number in the instruction book is their corporate office. And I have spoke to David and Paul Arlton (the designers of the LMH) several times with silly questions, and have always had a great conversation.
cause you are sponsored by LMH...
Old 07-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Richie

Default Craig at the Kyosho helicopter hotline is impossible to work with too...

I have recently had to deal with the kyosho helicopter hotline to have some parts replaced under warranty. I dealt with three different people there. Two were great, but Craig is impossible to work with and frankly rude. If you call there and end up with him on the phone save yourself some time and frustration and ask for another operator. He sent me the wrong parts and then was going to make me pay for shipping on his mistake to cover himself. Very bad for business. Luckily I still have a good impression of Kyosho thanks to the other two reps that were so helpfull.
Richie
Old 07-10-2002, 10:03 PM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Good thing you posted your bad experience with Lite machines because one of my flying buddies and I were each going to buy one this week at our LHS to chase each other around with. Not now, last thing I need is parts problems. Guess I'll look at some other small Helicopters. I hope Lite Machines is listening, There still may be time to redeem themselfs. :stupid:
Old 07-11-2002, 12:27 AM
Joe K

This is the first negative thing I have heard about LITEMACHINES.
I have been searching everything I could find to read on line on the LMH FOR TWO YEARS.
I have got all my parts from my LHS yet they seem happy doing business with them. I STILL THINK THIS IS AN ISOLATED SITUATION.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:47 PM
JasonD

I've talked to Lite Machines a couple of times and finally decided to order a Corona. They were nice and respecfull each time.

Call back and give them another chance to redeem themselves.

Jason
Old 07-11-2002, 02:49 PM
JohnVH

Originally posted by Joe K
This is the first negative thing I have heard about LITEMACHINES.
I have been searching everything I could find to read on line on the LMH FOR TWO YEARS.
I have got all my parts from my LHS yet they seem happy doing business with them. I STILL THINK THIS IS AN ISOLATED SITUATION.
I must agree
Old 07-17-2002, 04:08 PM
Paul Arlton

Default Re: Lite Machines...how do they get away with treating customers like crap ?

Originally posted by R/Ckrazy
Placed an "online" order through their website, they ended up sending me the wrong part due to a mistake in their system (ordered standard crutch kit, ended up with some new crutch for a new "117" heli that is not even advertised yet).

Would not take the wrong one back, would not let me talk to the owner, the best offer they gave me was for me to BUY anther one, and I get free shipping. My jaw hit the floor, demanded to talk to the owner, office manager lady says, "I'll let him know, and if he wants to call you he will".

Guess what ? Never called.

Am I the only one that has taken this kind of abuse from Lite Machines, or am I the only unlucky sucker?
It is my experience that people with strong opinions often voice their opinions the loudest. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong, but the facts and arguments are usually framed in such a way as to lead a listener (or reader) to only one conclusion.

The problem with the web as a forum for debate is that, a) only one side of the story is heard (since there is usually no notice to the other side), and b) there is no effective moderator or system in place to insure a full set of facts is available before the debate commences.

So, let me add something to this debate:

1. Matt Roman (aka R/Ckrazy Jim) ordered part number "1-57971 Crutch Kit [117]" (Model 117 crutch kit) from Shopatron.

2. Lite Machines shipped part number 1-57971 Crutch Kit [117] to Mr. Roman.

3. Mr. Roman built the Model 117 crutch.

4. The Model 117 crutch looks quite different from the Model 110 crutch since it is designed for a Vmax-7 engine and piezo gyro mounted to the nose instead of a Vmax-6 engine and Arlton Gyro mounted to the tail.

5. After building the Model 117 crutch, Mr. Roman called Lite Machines and told Lite Machines that he had ordered the wrong part from Shopatron.

6. Mr. Roman wanted Lite Machines to send him a new Model 110 crutch at no charge.

7. We at Lite Machines felt that this was unreasonable considering he had built the new crutch and could not return it, but we offered Mr. Roman a discount off the price of a Model 110 crutch PLUS free freight.

8. Mr. Roman accepted the discount AND the free freight, ordered the new crutch, and there was no further communication.

9. Lite Machines has a long-standing policy of helping customers solve problems even when the problems are not of our making, but circumstances can make this difficult at times.

We feel Mr. Roman's posting is inaccurate and overstated. In the interest of fairness, I am interested in hearing other opinions not only on his posting, but on what Lite Machines should have done in his particular situation.

Paul Arlton
Old 07-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Furyflyer2

Hey Paul , welcome aboard!
I think you did the right thing. Look forward to your own section in our Manufacture section for LMH..
Old 07-17-2002, 04:37 PM
JasonD

I just ordered and received a lite machines corona looks excellent. Also the instructions were excellent. It was worth a fight with my wife to get.

Jason
Old 07-17-2002, 06:11 PM
warlock1174
My Feedback: (23)

Default Welcome!

Hey Paul! Welcome aboard! As anyone who knows me from this forum will tell you, I am a very strong supporter of the LMH. So much so that I have been accused of being a rep!!! Keep up the great work there at LMH central, and remember that a dissatisfied customer will tell 10 friends, yet a satisfied customer usually only tells 2 or 3!!!

Lovin' the LMH
Derrick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.