Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Battery/Motor Combo Question

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Battery/Motor Combo Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 07:00 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery/Motor Combo Question

Can I use an 11.1 volt 2100 mah Li-poly battery pack with my Stock Fusion 7 motor and Stock Castle Creations Speed controller on my Corona 120? If not, any Ideas what type of Lipoly battery would work best with my stock Corona setup.......? Im using a brand new NiMh, GP3300 7 cell battery pack right now, and I'm not getting such good results! Unless maybe my Triton Charger isn't charging the Pack fully! do you guys know the best charge setting for my Triton Charger, for a 7 Cell GP 3300 NiMh 8.4v Battery pack, I put the Triton on "NiHm AUTO Charge" for the 7 cell NiMh pack, but I feel it's not really giving it a full Charge! Flying time is way too short. When I charge the 7 Cell NiMh on the Triton Charger's "NiMh AUTO" Setting, it charges for about 35 minutes, and flies the Helicopter for only 2.5 - 3 minutes, This is a brand new battery pack, Whats Going On ????? Present Flying weight is 48.4 ounces, Is that the Problem, I dont think so, Any Ideas?
Old 08-28-2004, 12:06 AM
connor126
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Battery/Motor Combo Question

I dont have that kind of battery pack or charger but my battery pack sure isnt that good I have a 7cell 1300 mah that I had laying around the house and I get like 5 to 8min flight time so im assuming you should get at least triple what I get with that battery I have the same stock setup aluminium frame so im guessing your charger is charging to fast if possible try charging slower see if that helps. im not sure though im not a real expert or anything but maybe someone will reply too
Old 08-28-2004, 12:49 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

There is no way you can get 8 min flying time with a 1300 mah battery. My sanyo 1700 gets 5 min.

You need to slow charge your 3300 pack at around 300mah a few times to break it in and equalize the cells. After 3 or 4 cycles charge it at at least 5 -6 amps. It should take around half an hour at that setting. I think guys are getting 9-10 min on the 3300 pack.

The stock fusion motor is junk - so be prepared for it to die soon. A 3s lipo pack will fry the motor in no time (not that they last anyway).
Old 08-28-2004, 10:03 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Is it possible that I'm getting such short flight time because the motor is worn?...................[X(]
Old 08-31-2004, 11:02 PM
askman

I get about 12 minute hover on 8x3200. 15 or so in forward flights. I would worry about any small cell not providing enough current. your corona will draw about 15amp to 20 amp, so your cell has to be able to provide it. 1950faupsx8 runs about 8 minute. (lighter weight do help)
oh yes, all these times are on brushless motor. brushed motor will be less. 2000 nicad x7 cell runs about 6-7 minutes according to corona manual with fusion 7...