Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

LMH 116 questions

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

LMH 116 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Dot-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LMH 116 questions

Sounds like you had your share with your bird...

I also had some problem with my tailrotor... I went with Matts raised belt driven tailrotor and I have never looked back.
That beautiful piece makes it almost impossible to get ground contact with the tailrotor, it even works with Arlton gyro...

Peter
Old 04-06-2005, 11:46 PM
askman

just buy the aluminum crutch landing gear mount from lmh....
Old 04-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Gravityisnotmyfriend
My Feedback: (2)

aluminum crutch landing gear mount? do you have a link to one of these? that sounds like the ticket if it'll work.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:56 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, interesting thread, I pretty much gave up on my LMH it is a 110 I think but upgraded with the .074 got it broken in and it runs fine on 8 shims,,I put a 2oz dubro tank on mine when my original tank (bought mine used too) split and I did the same thing an burned a hole in it ,,while I was waiting for an LMH tank to show up,,have had all the problems youve had tail rotor stuff ,,rotor slipping,,but its enough that I gave up on it,,have new parts for it and both manuals in the box of stuff for it,maybe I'll get it out and give the thing another chance....[&:]..Rog
Old 04-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend

The aluminum crutch proved to be a more daunting task than I had origionally thought. I finally got back to it after building and playing with my new spa3dt. I got everything but the servos and landing gear mounted to the new crutch. What's the best way to mount the servos to the aluminum? Do I try to cut threads with the servo mounting screws, or should I use small bolts with nuts? I'm also still taking suggestions on the landing gear mount. Anyone? Flyinrog, yeah they can be frustrating. Everytime I'm about to give up on it, I end up getting some great flights and I'm hooked again. They're a blast to fly when everythings working. Maybe you've taken enough time away from it and can try again? I'd hate to see one of these little guys just collecting dust. Let us know if you get her back in the air.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend

here's some pics. It's still got some rough edges, but I want to make sure everythings gonna work before I try and make it pretty.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18810.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	260720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13676.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	260721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83477.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	260722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au57390.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	260723  
Old 04-21-2005, 07:36 PM
flyinrog

Looks good, actually a friend wanted to check it out and see if he could fly it ,and I will see him in May so I thought I'd box it up and give him the whole thing , if he gets it to fly and gets hooked, either I'll sell it to him and get a small electric or get it back and fly it...win win for me...Rog
Old 05-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend

Progress is slow, but I'm getting there. It seems that my college professors think that exams and final projects are more important than my LMH. For the landing gear, I took new wire and routed it through holes in the frame. I then drilled a hole on each side of the wire and secured them with zip ties. The gear came out just as sturdy as the original. For the servos, I drilled holes through the frame that were bigger then the screw threads, then I used small square dowels on the other side to tighten the screws into. This worked fine for the tail rotor and throttle servo, since they are both mounted on the same side. I gotta figure something else out for the other two servos, since they are on opposite side and I cant just use two rails. I tried to make for small pieces, but they were too small and kept splitting. I'm going to try to find some small bolts and nuts to mount these. Hopefully I can get this back in the air after finals.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82644.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	265502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt59858.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	265503   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39394.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	265504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys50421.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	265505  
Old 05-15-2005, 04:56 PM
flyinrog

My friend picked it up today, he was really happy about it but it was just collecting dust here, and I'd rather build and fly my 1/2a planes anyway....Rog
Old 05-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Dot-RCU

Hey Gravity,

I've started to make a new kind of crutch thats going to hold a .11 car engine. (why? see another thread).
The material I use is G10 and to thin to use regular servo screws with.
What I have done is attaching the servos with M3 (3 mm) screws and nuts. I removed the copper pipe in the rubber and the screws are a perfect fit.
The servo sits even tighter than with original setup.

//Peter
Old 05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend

That's the method I'm going to use, but I ran into a problem. I need to make some spacers for the two rotor servos. I bolted them in, but they interfere with each other. I've been distracted with other projects, but I should get this finished up this weekend. Good luck with your .11 conversion, I read your other thread.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Joe K

You’re hooked
I am in process of building my own aluminum crutch Too. I was not planning to start this project until I had my Corona up and flying. How ever money tight and the last crash did my crutch in.
I got the aluminum for nothing and thought it would be fun to build my own design.
I was planning on taping treads in the crutch to use small allen head screws for the servos. I am hoping that the aluminum crutch will act like a heat sink and help keep the motor cooler. No more fuel soaked wood, hey instead of cleaner just spray it down with WD 40. Is this not fun or what, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.[8D]
JK
Old 06-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend

Finally got to test out the new crutch. Thankfully, it flew as good as it ever did. The problem is that it never really flew that good. The tail rotor control is just horrible. Every time I change the throttle, the copter rotates - sometimes as much as 180 degrees. When I do try to change direction with the tail rotor, I have to hold full deflection, and wait while it gradually rotates. The cyclic control is great - it does just what I tell it and the engine runs flawlessly. If it wasn't for this, I'd just scrap this whole project. I think I'll look into an electronic gyro. I'm sure there's already threads on this, and I'm gonna do some research. If anyone is reading this and has had good luck with the conversion, let me know how you did it. The good news is that the new crutch is super tough. I did have one pretty hard digger. I lost it in the sun and didn't have time to correct it when I did get sight of it again. Nothing happened worse than a little dirt that I had to wipe off.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Joe K

HeliMax Micro Piezo Gyro 59.99 tower
has worked well for me JUST DONT PLUG SERVO IN WRONG.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend

I was debating on whether to get that one, or to spend another $100 to get one with heading hold. From what I understand, HH is nice but not neccessary. GWS has a gyro that is only about $40. Anyone have experience with that?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:01 AM
lawrencelkl

hello guys,

i have a 2nd hand LMH 100+ ( very old model , i know) but it seems not much run. i instaleld the radio as the online manual. i used normal aeroplane engien to start it but find it tricky, did managed to start but not easy at all! is it becasue that i need a high speed starter as from the LMH or it is my engine settings? anyone knows where to get a LMH (or similar ) high speed starter around uk, europe? thanks.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 AM
lawrencelkl

Problem solved, was the right settings for needle and right fuel, 25% does the job.

Lawrence