RE: Reflex XTR and Corona
1. to change the transmit frequency, remove the syn module and use the supplied screwdriver to dial-in the receiver frequency...then pop the module back in (don't forget to match the receiver shift, i.e., hitec/futaba is negative, and airtronics/jr is positive).
2. to use the optic 6 with reflex xtr, remove the syn module, attach the cord, and hope the desired heli flys ok...if not, adjust and select settings on the xtr menus and optic 6 until you get it right...good luck on that...
3. a stock corona flys perfectly on the airplane setting...no need select heli programming...you control the corona just like a fixed wing...but with one big difference, imho--unlike a fixed wing, you must not chop the throttle and pull back on the stick when you get into trouble...you gotta hover it back to the ground...don't ask me why i know that.
4. if you buy the corona kit, you'll find that the construction manual and setup instructions are very straight forward--even for someone who has never built, flown, or seen a helicopter.
5. 120 degree ccpm swashplate is preferred over 90 degree or mechanical swashplate setup. the highly popular ikarus eco 8 heli comes with mechanical or 90 degree swash...however most serious eco 8 flyers buy the 120 ccpm upgrade parts--which are required if you use the optic 6. i use my optic 6 to fly my logo 10, which has 120 ccpm.
6. i'm pretty sure that the btcp is a 120 ccpm setup...maybe helimodman, askman, or someone else who knows will chime in to confirm...