Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Corona 120 VS LMH 110

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Corona 120 VS LMH 110

Old 11-25-2002, 04:12 AM
fletch-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona 120 VS LMH 110

I really should have asked this before I bought it, but i have not opened the kit so i can always take it back.

Back in 2001 I bougt an LMH 110. I really liked the bird except for that Russian engine. It never had any power and was never consistant. one minute I had enough power to take off and fly around, then i would land only to find I didnt have enough power to take off. I went back and forth with this engine and was not happy so I bought a new one thinking I got a lemon. New one was great at first. It had much more power and was consistant. But after 4-6 tanks it went to hell and would lean out like crazy. Like 10 + turns to stop the leaning. About this time I heard that LMH was coming out with a new improved engine so I decided to give it one more shot. But my hobby shop owner warned me that the new engine was no better than the first generation . He even mentioned that you would never find OS making such a small engine as the problem is a matter of tolerance. Anyway I put the thing on the shelf and was just going to get me something with OSMAX 30-61 as i had owned a shuttle and a kalt 61 back in the mid 80's and never had these kind of problems. Well i kept putting it off and then I see this electic 120 today. owner says the electric is much more reliable than the nitro russian version. I would appreciate feedback from owners of the 120. Does this thing have enough power to fly around say 25-50ft in the air? how does the power compare to the nitro version? I understand that this version requires a gyro. I have a brand new hobbico gyro that I bought for the 110 and never used ( mechanical one worked great for me) will this work ok? If I was happy with the 110 (other than the russian engine) will I be happy with the 120?

Thanks in advance,
Fletch
Old 11-25-2002, 04:55 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Well I had both, actually I had 4 LMH 110's and I only had engine problems on the first one that was run on Blue Thunder car fuel! I can say that I honestly flew the crap out of them. I recently bought the LMH 120 and I really like it. It is more stable but on the other hand there are other thinks to consider. Run time is pretty low and expect the motors not to last very long. All in all I would not trade the electric for the gas version but I will be patiently waiting for a better battery setup in the future. I will be on the market for Lithium Ion batteries as soon as they perfect the technology for RC!
Old 11-27-2002, 03:52 AM
fletch-RCU

Hi,

THanks for the reply. Well i would have stayed with the gas model but i got tired of the unreliablity. Heck for that matter a full collective pitch bird like i had before would be even better but i am trying to limit cost and i was suprised at how well the 110 flew when the engine cooperated

What battery would you recommend i start off with? Any other tips ..just started the crutch right now.

tnx, Fletch
Old 11-27-2002, 03:56 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

I would go with a 2400 Nicad battery to start and the Kyosho Atomic Force motor($20). I tried a 3000Mah Nimh battery and the power was a bit low compared to the nicad battery. For the money I would recommend the 2400's! Good luck.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:00 AM
fletch-RCU

Thanks for the info Ray...I am glad I checked around...Fletch