Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Vibrating Corona

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Vibrating Corona

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Venture Hobbies
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrating Corona

I have balanced the M/R and the sub rotor, but when I hover it really vibrates badly. I have read here about changing the blade grips to 4-4 instead of 6-4. My buddy is a big nitro heli guy and says they need to be the same pitch to track right. Anybody have any suggestions? Flies great, just really shakes alot. Thanks

David
Old 03-02-2003, 09:31 PM
darthdrk

Default Vibrating Corona

Check to see if you are experiencing main rotor blade lagging. How tight are your blade grips on your feathering plate? If your blades are to loose or one of them substantially looser than the other. You can be experiencing blade lag. If your blades are to tight, the centrifugal force may not be enough to straighten the blades out during run up. If they are to loose one blade may be lagging. Your blades should be snug about evenly.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:30 PM
N111KX

Default Vibrating Corona

I have found that the Corona blades only balance well down to the last 1/4 square inch of (electrical) tape! There are the other issues like bearing block alignment and tracking but it really does come down to that last gram
Use the two "4" grips for max head speed and thus controllability.
Kip
Old 03-03-2003, 02:10 AM
Venture Hobbies

Default Vibrating Corona

Thanks for the advise! The blade grips are are about the same, snug but movable. I am going to change the #6 grip to the #4 and fly 4-4. Hopefully, that will stop the vibrating. It is stable in the air I just don't like the vibration. The Hobby Garage is my hobby shop and a vibrating Corona doesn't make for a good demo in the parking lot!

David
Old 03-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

Default Vibration

Check to see if the main shaft is bent. Using a paper clip and clothespin.
Make sure the gears are working smooth.
Old 03-29-2003, 04:59 AM
fullscale

Default some help from the experts it worked for me

i called lite machines and they had some strange suggestion but he was right on when i looked at my set up. The first thing he said to check was the front tr gear to spur gear on main shaft alignment. mine was ok. the next won was the winner. Ckeck the main rotor hub and if you have over tighten the "jesus bolt" or the bolt through the hub it will have a small buldge underneath it and cause vibration. he reminded me that there should be about 10deg slope in the main rotor rotation to the shaft rotation. i hope this helps because that was my problem and no the vibration is minimal. once again a fix for less than $10 and about a 1/2 hour rebuid time.

chris:stupid: