Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Giving the LMH another try

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Giving the LMH another try

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 06:23 PM
2Bulldogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giving the LMH another try

Hello, this is my first post on here. For day's, I've been doing a lot of reading, absorbing and trying to learn the valuable info you guy's know. See, a few year's ago, I purchased a Corona, Trex 450 SE V-2, Logo 10 3D (with a lot of upgrades), & a Logo 10 that's still in the box with no electronic's yet. As dumb as it may sound, the Trex is the only heli that I ever hovered to any extent (it came about 80% RTF). I bought all that, & tools, before I even learned to fly one heli. What little I did learn, I have pretty much forgotten. Looking back, I must have had a heck of a lot more money than I do now. Anyway, I don't want to bore you with my past failure's, but I would appreciate some help from you guy's. Currently, I'm practicing with the Realflight G-2. I believe that the Corona would be the best bet at getting started again, right? I will tear it down, rebuild it, and oil bearings, etc.. One thing I've already read on here, was that I had the wrong pinion gear. I used the 9T, which was wrong. No wonder I couldn't get lift!!! Here is what I have to work with;

Motor = Hacker C40-12T
ESC = Hacker Jeti Master 40-3P
Servo's = two HS 85MG's
Tail = Futaba GY240 (I could take a 401 off another heli if needed)
Crutch = Matts Carbon Stealth
Batteries = two 8-cell GP3300's, which may not even be good nowhardly used
Upgrades = 5mm titanium shaft, carbon flybar, feathering plate, tail boom, tail servo mount, & metal boom clamp & boom-strike protector from Chopper 1

I know, I'm an idiot for not learning with a stock Corona. But, that's in the past, this is what I have now. If the batteries are toast, should I start with Liporemember I'm poorer than I used to belol. I even considered buying another stock Corona. But I already have more heli's than Ishould (plus my wife would kill me). Any comments or suggestions are welcomed. I really appreciate it, thanks, Steve.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:07 PM
TIA

Default RE: Giving the LMH another try

Well, since they do not sell Corona parts any longer, I would sell off all your Corona stuff and concentrate on the Trex. At least you can buy parts for that copter really cheap on ebay.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:24 AM
2Bulldogs

Hello, TIA, thanks for your response.  As far as selling the Corona, that is another option I considered.  Yes, parts are becoming more difficult.  But, what makes me consider it even more is that with the expensive crutch & all the upgrades, using my Corona for practice will not be inexpensive to crash.  It could actually cost more.  Also, what practice I did have was mostly with the CP heli's.  I'm going to seriously consider selling it.  Right now most people probably don't have a lot of money to buy it though, being that it's Christmas.  I know some of the upgrades, like the metal stuff, I paid a lot for & people won't want to pay much.  On the other hand, upgrades such as the Delrin tail gear-box, & a lot of the good older blades that have never been used, would be popular.  Are you interested in buying it?  If I sell it, it would have to be everything or nothing.  For instance, I don't want to be stuck with expensive Crutch because I sold enough parts to be unable to fly it.    My heli stuff is in storage containers.  So, as far as what I have for the Corona, I would have to look.  I know there's a lot.  I spent wildly on extra parts.  Once again thanks, & if anyone that happens to read this really wants my Corona & all the stuff, let me know, I assure you that you would get a good deal.  Thanks again, Steve.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 PM
TIA

Unfortunately the heli market has gone through the floor and you won't be able to recoup what you've got into them. I've got a $2000 Vibe that I can't get $800 for. In my opinion you need to move on and fly with what is available. If you crashed your Corona where would you buy blades?

Anyway good luck.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:13 PM
2Bulldogs

Hi TIA, I checked out your planes.  WOW! Those are monsters!  You can't get any cooler than that.  If I had it to do all over again, I might start with planes (not like yours, of course).  At least my understanding of radio, etc., would be much better.  Also, it's amazing how many planes there are to choose from.  Whereas, with heli's, it seems to jump from toy, to major expense, with no middle ground.  Yes, you make sense.  I need to move forward with what I have while taking into consideration availability.  I think what I'm going to do is get all the Corona-related things together, put it on Ebay, and get rid of it. 
You answered a question which I was wondering about, that being with our present economy, the heli field has to be suffering too.  I can relate to what you said about your Vibe.  My Logo 10 3D has well over two grand in it, with all the upgrades I bought.  But, that heli I wish to be my number one heli in the future after learning to fly  the Stock Logo 10 I have yet to take out of the box.   What bums me out is wondering if my TP 5-cell Lipo is still good.  It costed over $300.00 for that pack.  It was used one time and barely left the ground.  I kept it put away in the basement safely, but at full charge.  As soon as I dig out my volmeter, it'll be interesting to see at least that part of it.  What Heli's do you have?  Later, Steve.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:46 PM
alanmcleanXxX

Do you have some updates here?