Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Would the xxl be a good second truck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Lord Maccrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would the xxl be a good second truck?

I buy sell stuff on eBay all the time, thats a great idea!
Hey... what do you guys think is the best 2.4 ghz radio?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Nytro97
My Feedback: (2)

I buy mine from Ebay... The chop shops
Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lord Maccrage

Thanks guys. Everyone is making me wish I would have bought the LST2 originally. Like I said my LHS doesn't carry Losi stuff so I will have to order it. Is ordering parts online more expensive?
The LST2 is a bigger, heavier machine. Most people buy the revo because its fast and will do wheelies.. The LST2 and XXL (The XXL is just a longer/wider chassis and different stock engine) will go fast and do wheelies but requires a little more finesse for the wheelies. The LST2/XXL is a far better built, more stable machine for beating the tar out of than any savage or revo.

In regards to the Forward Only bit... Both of mine are Forward Only. If you do the "gear flip mod" in the transmission (swap the two gears on the input/output shafts) and you'll gain 2 or 3mph on LST2 trans gears. the LST2 has the highest torque gears, XXL is in the middle, and the Brushless conversion tranny gears has the highest top speed. If you have the power to push it, you could get an LST2 or XXL to run 50-55mph with the brushless gears and mess with CB/Spur ratios a little bit.

Ordering parts online can get spendy but if you want to know what spare parts to have on hand, PM me.. I can give you a short list so you wont have to pack up for the day if you break something.. You shouldnt need much.. I'd run a MaxAmps 1600MaH flat Rx pack. I can run for two whole days and still be at 6.1v

You should be able to pick up a NIB LST2 for between $550 & $570, if not cheaper. My LHS still had a NIB LST2 leftover the last time I was in.. They're around. Used ones that were well cared for could be had for $250-350..
Old 10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Lord Maccrage

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: Lord Maccrage

Thanks guys. Everyone is making me wish I would have bought the LST2 originally. Like I said my LHS doesn't carry Losi stuff so I will have to order it. Is ordering parts online more expensive?
The LST2 is a bigger, heavier machine. Most people buy the revo because its fast and will do wheelies.. The LST2 and XXL (The XXL is just a longer/wider chassis and different stock engine) will go fast and do wheelies but requires a little more finesse for the wheelies. The LST2/XXL is a far better built, more stable machine for beating the tar out of than any savage or revo.

In regards to the Forward Only bit... Both of mine are Forward Only. If you do the ''gear flip mod'' in the transmission (swap the two gears on the input/output shafts) and you'll gain 2 or 3mph on LST2 trans gears. the LST2 has the highest torque gears, XXL is in the middle, and the Brushless conversion tranny gears has the highest top speed. If you have the power to push it, you could get an LST2 or XXL to run 50-55mph with the brushless gears and mess with CB/Spur ratios a little bit.

Ordering parts online can get spendy but if you want to know what spare parts to have on hand, PM me.. I can give you a short list so you wont have to pack up for the day if you break something.. You shouldnt need much.. I'd run a MaxAmps 1600MaH flat Rx pack. I can run for two whole days and still be at 6.1v

You should be able to pick up a NIB LST2 for between $550 & $570, if not cheaper. My LHS still had a NIB LST2 leftover the last time I was in.. They're around. Used ones that were well cared for could be had for $250-350..
Is the XXL better than the LST2? Also, how do you go about buying a used truck, what do you look for?
Thanks!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:58 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The XXL has a better radio and a bigger engine... I wouldn't say it's better except for having the more powerful engine. Besides that, it's just longer.. And that IMO isn't even necessarily a "better" thing.. The LST2 is very agile, the longer XXL perhaps a bit more stable over rough stuff...
Old 10-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Lord Maccrage

Actually thats one of the reasons I want another truck. I want it to be MUCH more stable than my Revo. I would probably spend the extra money and get the XXL. I really like my DX2S radio that I got for my revo, so the fact that it comes with the DX3S out of the box is a huge plus for me.