Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Help!!! with brakes on XXL MT LOSI

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 06:51 AM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help!!! with brakes on XXL MT LOSI

ORIGINAL: Mclovin350z

I'm not spending 80 bucks a piece on freakin servos.
With my tower club member discount and free shipping, I was able to pick up 3 for about $60 each. But you do get what you pay for. The servos I got feature 405oz of torque and a transit speed of around .10 at 7.4 volts roughly. That translates to over 800oz of torque for the steering alone.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:19 AM
rcguy1979

405 oz of torque sounds awsome to me. If you have time shoot me the link to those Ntrain so I can look into them more. Are those servos a easy swapout or will I have to make mods to the chassis? Thanks bro..
Old 12-12-2010, 07:25 AM
rcguy1979

Forgot to ask If i remember right the Battery in the Losi XXL is only 6 v am I correct? In order to have the power to run the stronger servos do you also need a bigger/stronger Voltage Battery pack for inside the Model Body to push them beast?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:28 AM
rcguy1979

Lmao at Mclovin... I agree 80 a pop is pretty damn expensive... Hell all nitro stuff gets costly if you set it all up right it seems.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:40 AM
rcguy1979

Just looking for the most reliable servos with enough torque to give me a quicker turn radius and better overall response in the steering. Thanks Ntrain...

P.S More then likely will only get 2 new steering servos and then move one of the stock steering servos over to the brake/throttle. That should give me plenty of torque for what I need it for.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:02 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: rcguy1979

405 oz of torque sounds awsome to me. If you have time shoot me the link to those Ntrain so I can look into them more. Are those servos a easy swapout or will I have to make mods to the chassis? Thanks bro..
Which servos are we talking about? The ones I use the TS 170's or the PPP's that you gave a link to? Either way they are standard sized servos which means they are direct swapouts. No modding necessary.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:03 AM
ntrain42

Forgot to ask If i remember right the Battery in the Losi XXL is only 6 v am I correct? In order to have the power to run the stronger servos do you also need a bigger/stronger Voltage Battery pack for inside the Model Body to push them beast?
6v is fine. You may want to eventually upgrade the mah rating though by getting a reciever pack with more than 1100mah. But I wouldnt worry about it, till you see what you get for runtime first with the new servos. You will still probably have enough runtime for the servos and electronics for quite a few tank fills worth of nitro.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM
ntrain42

Just looking for the most reliable servos with enough torque to give me a quicker turn radius and better overall response in the steering. Thanks Ntrain...

P.S More then likely will only get 2 new steering servos and then move one of the stock steering servos over to the brake/throttle. That should give me plenty of torque for what I need it for.
Yep, you could do that as well. The z series steering servos are about twice as strong as the generic brake/throttle and reverse servo. If you want to keep the budget in check this is something I would recommend. You may find the added torque of the steering servo is more than enough for the throttle/brake. Either way it WILL be better. If your just doing a pair of servos, then I would recommend the TS-170's from Tower. Just be sure you join the Tower club. It costs $9.99 per year, but it gives you free shipping(so it pays for itself there on the very first order)and Tower will start sending you coupons that basically equate to 20% off. Plus tower members get special pricing on many items that chage throughout the year.

If you do go with the TS-170's at 6volts you will have basically 666oz of torque at 6volts. That equates to about 60-70 foot pounds of torque. The steering upgrade is SERIOUS using those.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:11 AM
rcguy1979

Ntrain do you have to buy any special topper pieces for upgraded servos of can you just reuse the ones that come stock on the Losi XXL Steering servos? Im thinking I might order 2 of the ppp since they seem to have a good amount of torque and build quality for the money. Have the PPP servos worked well for you and helped with sharper turning?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:49 AM
ntrain42

Ntrain do you have to buy any special topper pieces for upgraded servos of can you just reuse the ones that come stock on the Losi XXL Steering servos? Im thinking I might order 2 of the ppp since they seem to have a good amount of torque and build quality for the money. Have the PPP servos worked well for you and helped with sharper turning?
You mean servo savers? Depends on the brand you buy. Not sure of the PPP's use JR threads. I would suggest emailing and inquiring. If your gonna grab the PPP's Id get 3 and use one for the throttle/brake as well. Not only will it give you alot more stopping power, it WILL give you much quicker and punchier throttle response as well. For the price of em, why not?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:34 AM
rcguy1979

Yeah I emailed the seller yesterday about the servo savers and still no response back.. Wait and see what the seller says I guess.