Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Mega Baja Engine?

Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM
NitroHot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mega Baja Engine?

Hey guys, I was wondering what engine, and Pipe I should put into my Mega Baja, I would like it to be a little faster then the stock setup I have in it now!!! Thanks in advance, Shawn D.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 PM
HerrSavage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mega Baja Engine?

Depends on budget. But generally, from cheapest to all-out best, the list would look something like this, in ascending order of price as well as power:

1.) Losi 454 or LRP Spec 3 or Dynamite Big Red 28
2.) LRP 30
3.) Picco 28
4.) modded Picco 28

Numbers 1 and 2 are SH engines, probably a bit easier to tune and set up than the Piccos. The LRP 28 or 30 and Losi 454 (LRP Spec 3 28 twin) and Big Red 28 all run great with the stock LST2 pipe.

If you're on a budget and just want some user-friendly good fun and power, I say just pick up a Big Red or Losi 454, or the LRP 30 for a few dollars more... If you want more power but also the challenge of getting it set up and running right, try a Picco...

ps A Losi 454 can probably be had dirt cheap, along with the stock LST2/XXL pipe on ebay... I got a new 454 on ebay for $105... Check out jennysrcparts - it's a great ebay chop shop for XXL and Aftershock and LST2 parts...
Old 02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
NitroHot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mega Baja Engine?

Thanks, for the info, Im going to be using my dads wallet for this one so there wont really be a budget ,lol, Ill let him have the truck when im done with it anyway so i guess he gets back 3 times the amount of money hell be lending me for the motor,LOL, Thanks Again, Shawn D.

Search this Thread