Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

single servo-please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:39 PM
2zzxrs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single servo-please help

so i got a steering servo wet so its time to go single. so i went to my lhs and asked about it and he says i will never find a servo that will work like the 2 i have now, and especially if i want it to be water proof. so i know ppl do this all the time and it can be done i just dont know where to start with what servo to buy. itsa losi muggy. what servo can i use preferably water proof. and just to be sure it looks like i can, but i can use a single in the stock double tray corrent?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:18 PM
SMOKEFAN

Default RE: single servo-please help

Not worth it, get 2 Good steering servos.2 BMS-630 would be a great way to go
Old 02-13-2011, 05:01 AM
Encountr

Hey there.

i often got wet servos and i fixed that problem that way;

i open them up on the board side (the back side were there is the 4 bolt heads)
I dry them real good with an hair dryer.
Then, i spread a nice thick layer of SiliconGrease (Dielectric grease) on it, and also in the servo cover.
Re-assemble it and done.

I do that everytime i ride in wet or humid environment (especialy in winter) and i dont have any problem anymore.
Even when i got wet servos that would start to act on me, i open them , clean them, i apply Silicon Grease and the servo would still work like a champ.

Silicon grease is a water repelant. Means it will keep water out of the servo or, if water manage to sneak in, the grease will absorb it and your servo will still work just fine (you still want to clean them after a wet ride even if they still run good)
Most guy would say not to do that as they says that the Silicon Grease is conductive and that you will shortout your servo.
THIS IS NOT TRUE BY ANY MEAN.
Silicon grease is NOT an electrical conductor. It is use primarily to keep water away from electrical connections.
I'm a Mecanic working full time on excavator and other big construction equipment and we use that stuff everyday to seeal off diod bridges that are open to the air and moisture... trust me, you will not short your servos doing that.

Obviously, this is not a solution if you want to turn your Muggy into a submarine... you dont want your servos to be soaked in water but for normal occasionnal snow or humid usage, it works just well.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:17 AM
2zzxrs

well thank you very much i will give ita try, like you said some snow usage, never run in deep water or anything, againm thanks

Brent
Old 02-13-2011, 08:15 AM
nascarfan3199
My Feedback: (1)

also check out lstforums.com, those guys prefer a single servo setup over a dual, i have read alot of people having trouble with the dual setup and switch to single and swear by it. A couple are using a robotics servo by hitec, ALLmetal gears and puts out like 400 + oz-in.