Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST High/Low tranny questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST High/Low tranny questions

My father in law's LST always wants to jump out of high range, but low seems to engage good. Is there an adjustment for this to help keep it from popping out?

Also, does anyone know the teeth count of all the low range gears in the tranny, or what the transmission ratio is in low range? Thanks

Eric
Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: LST High/Low tranny questions

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

My father in law's LST always wants to jump out of high range, but low seems to engage good. Is there an adjustment for this to help keep it from popping out?

Also, does anyone know the teeth count of all the low range gears in the tranny, or what the transmission ratio is in low range? Thanks

Eric
The High/Low selector knob itself has a detent that locks it into one position or the other, and its also spring loaded. If the tabs are broke off the knob, it won't lock in and stay locked in. The transmission case itself could be damaged where the H/L selector is, but I doubt this is the case.

As for tooth counts - High Range input gear (on input shaft) is 22T, low range input gear is 15T. High range output gear is 23T, low range is 30T. Hope that helps.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 PM
cummins driver

Thanks. I can feel it kind of click when you change which range it is in, but it still kicks out at times. The knob and transmission are in perfect shape too. It just seems finicky to get it to stay in high range at times.

Eric
Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 AM
mikel05
My Feedback: (1)

that high low gears never work right, i did a forward only swap, gets rid of the hi lo and reverse ,they both can be finicky and you would not beleive the weight difference , i had that tranny apart so many times after awhile i said screw it and took it all out ,now i got so much power i run the LRP 30 love it so much faster than the mach 26 no compare, if your gonna pull with the LST1 you got to do the LST 2 conversion just to put the bigger spindles on the axle ends the lst2 are twice as thick, the only thing i ever break is the ends its a shame to have to buy the whole kit just for the spindles but their worth it IMO
Old 02-19-2011, 02:48 PM
cummins driver

I think the axles will be fine for pulling, and the low gear is a must have for pulling with the losi as well since there arent many spur/bell options for them. I think the only time the axles run into problems is probably big jumps, but it would be nice if the tranny would shift right.

Eric