Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

fixing 454 pull start

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 PM
mkruse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fixing 454 pull start

the string on my pull start just came out and ive gotten very aggrevated trying to put it back together and Im looking for the best way to put it back together
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 AM
ntrain42

Default RE: fixing 454 pull start

ORIGINAL: mkruse

the string on my pull start just came out and ive gotten very aggrevated trying to put it back together and Im looking for the best way to put it back together
Its a ***** getting the coils back in and wound correctly. I just called up Horizon and they sent me out a free replacement.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

It is tough to get the spring back in coiled and connected properly...can be done, and is a bit satisfying when you do get it right.  I spent a few hours on mine once...lots of yelling and 6 beers and it finally worked.  If you have the patience, go for it.....if not...then just buy another
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
mkruse

I got it to work after a few slices from the metal spring when I tried to hold it down with my thumb and pulling it tight with my other hand.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:54 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: mkruse

I got it to work after a few slices from the metal spring when I tried to hold it down with my thumb and pulling it tight with my other hand.
I had a Pullstart on an M26SS that it came factory with and pulled it off and replaced with a spinstart after the spring broke twice and the hex hub on the pullstart stripped out. If yours keeps breaking, You might want to switch to a spinstarter instead.. I think its a lot less work and gets the engine running faster, IMO.