Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

adjustable camber and toe on xxl?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:04 PM
c.rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable camber and toe on xxl?

ok, i was just eyeballing my xxl for a while tonight. so it looks like to me bone stock the toe in, is definately NOT adjustable, and either is the camber?

now dont the RPM arms have adjustment for camber in them? not that im wanting it, just wanting to learn more about this truck
Old 03-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Orcatkt
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: adjustable camber and toe on xxl?

yes they do, and they are a good bit stronger than stock. Oh yeah, and they come in BLUE!!
Old 03-13-2011, 06:22 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: Orcatkt

yes they do, and they are a good bit stronger than stock. Oh yeah, and they come in BLUE!!
The original LST platform (LST I, Aftershock, mega baja) had wheel adjustments, but the LST2/XXL's do not. Not the end of the world - stock camber/caster is fine. Both of my trucks drive the same - 1 LST2 has RPM front arms, the other is all stock suspension. Only real difference is my .28 has more snort than my .26.

I've seen most people that put RPM arms on their LST2/XXL's replace the RPM turnbuckles with Lunsford titanium parts because of strength. I havent broken the RPM turnbuckles yet but I will swap in the titanium parts when they do break.

Also - RPM has a lifetime warranty on their parts.. Most of the time, they're very good about their warranty. If you break a part, you send it in and they send you new pieces. You won't get that with stock parts.

I wouldn't go replacing a bunch of parts until you start breaking them. No sense in replacing the suspension arms, hinge pins, and such with titanium/rpm pieces unless the originals break. The stuff ain't cheap. just my opinion.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
bjhe333

I just ordered the RPM arms today. It seems that the lst2 and xxl have stornger a-arms than my LST1. I finally got sick of replacing the stock arms. Again I have the LST 1 which came with weaker arms than the lst2 and xxl you should be fine unless you really want camber adj.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
c.rod

i ordered some rpm arms and gear cover the other day. yeah, i wont be changing them out right away. i still need to break the truck in..lol
Old 03-23-2011, 03:33 PM
ntrain42

You adjust the front toe with the steering turnbuckles. Camber can be adjusted when you get the RPM A arms, but I find camber should be set to 0 or 1 degree negative at the most front and rear.