Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

LST XXL ELECTRIC CONVERSION COMPLETE! Pics included :)

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST XXL ELECTRIC CONVERSION COMPLETE! Pics included :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LST XXL ELECTRIC CONVERSION COMPLETE! Pics included :)

Finished the losi XXL Electric conversion.

Losi Electric conversion kit
Forward Only Transmission Conversion
Single Speed Hub Conversion
Losi Wheelie Bar
F-650 Body with Lights
Mamba Moster ESC
Castle 2200KV Motor
2.4 Ghz Controller & Receiver

Truck runs like a maniac. I have only barely tested it it out because we have been having a monsoon the last few weeks. Hopefully I can bust it out tonight after work and have some fun. I decided to ditch the rear battery mount and instead I mounted it in the front of the truck, therefore I mounted the receiver in the rear to distribute the weight a little better so I don't add to the already monster wheelies this thing does. I'm excited to see how it stacks up against the BL E-Revo.

Here are some finished pictures I thought i'd share.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LST6.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	2237367

Name:	LST.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	2237368

Name:	LST1.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	2237369

Name:	LST2.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	2237370

Name:	LST3.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	2237371

Name:	LST4.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	2237372

Name:	LST5.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	2237373

I still need to zip tie some wires and mount the switch in a good spot but overall it's complete and ready to run.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LST XXL ELECTRIC CONVERSION COMPLETE! Pics included :)

Trucks looks great man! I like the ford body(even though im a dodge guy. haha).

Let us know what you think of it compared to your flux!

Eric
Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Trucks looks great man! I like the ford body(even though im a dodge guy. haha).

Let us know what you think of it compared to your flux!

Eric
Thanks. I'm a Dodge guy too but no one makes any good Dodge bodies worth a dang these days.

Currently I am having some glitching issues. My 2.4ghz traxxas link Transmitter and Receiver are not communication with each other properly. I can slowly squeeze the trigger and the truck goes, but when I start to give it more throttle and punch it, it acts like it lost the signal and does not move, so I squeeze squeeze squeeze the trigger rapidly and then all of a sudden it SLAMS on the throttle and wheelies and again loses the signal. Does it over and over. I don;t think it's linking properly so something is screwed up. Ahh the joys of working bugs out. I'm about to beat this thing to death! So frustrated I just threw it back on the shelf in the basement and went to run the Revo, I'll eventually figure it out. Seems like lately it is ALWAYS something going on. I'm tempted to start selling my trucks. I get in these moods when my RC's piss me off...ahh hopefully i figure this dang thing out soon..
Old 05-04-2011, 06:31 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

If its just the radio, that shouldnt be an awful fix. [8D] I know what you mean though. Sometimes i think id only like to have about 2 trucks because sometimes it takes a little money and time to keep em all going.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:22 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

If its just the radio, that shouldnt be an awful fix. [8D] I know what you mean though. Sometimes i think id only like to have about 2 trucks because sometimes it takes a little money and time to keep em all going.
I only have 6 trucks at the moment and it's constantly ordering parts/fixing stuff all the time. I drive hard though so I expect it though it's just hard since I have so many hobbies, real cars are my passion.

I've been thinking about thinning out the group but each RC I own brings something different to the table so it's hard to sell them. The nitro is first to go if any do though, way to much stuff to bring along and run (Fuel/Fuel Bottle/glow ignitor, extra glow plug, glow plug wrench, screwdriver). The Summit is the slowest but my wife has claimed it as "Hers" so that stays, the Flux stays as it's a freaking Beast, Revo is so SMOOTH it's crazy and fast as heck, the Losi is an amazing platform, and the Cen GST is just a BLAST to drive with it's size plus I love the look of it. SO I guess I won;t drop below 5 RC's considering I have the ones I want. The only thing i;d like to add is another 1/5 scale FG MT as I used to own one and absolutely Loved it!

Anyway yah I hope it;'s just the radio, i'm going to pull my Revo's Radio and Receiver and test it out on the Losi tonight to see if that may be the problem. Lets HOPE thats all it is...
Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 AM
ntrain42

Not a fan of brushless, but thats a great lookin ride man! Love the LED's too. Sharp truck! Enjoy!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:32 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: ntrain42

Not a fan of brushless, but thats a great lookin ride man! Love the LED's too. Sharp truck! Enjoy!
Thanks man. Just curious how come your not a fan of Brushless? Have you ever experienced the speed these things make on some Lipo batteries? I used to be ALL NITRO, electric was boring to me at first but now i find myself enjoying brushless more now.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:11 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: ntrain42

Thanks man. Just curious how come your not a fan of Brushless? Have you ever experienced the speed these things make on some Lipo batteries? I used to be ALL NITRO, electric was boring to me at first but now i find myself enjoying brushless more now.
I run BL for my 10th scale SC trucks, they are fun and all, but my 8th scale nitros are still my favorites. The sound, smell and extra tuning/adjustment tweaks keeps me busy, which for me is part of the fun of the hobby. Brushless has that "sterile" vanilla feel to me. Plus a good modded big block nitro engine will still keep up with its brushless counterpart.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Orcatkt
My Feedback: (5)

Woohoo, after many months of being lazy, my LST2 is running on the Castle 2200. And Ilike it!
Best time Ihave had running it in ages, now Ijust need to get it tweaked up how Iwant it and good to go, doesnt even wheelie too much with how it is setup on 4S, can't beat that! Nitro is fun and all, but this is soo much easier and more convenient. Just plug and play, and Ican run it at night without neighbours all screaming. Will post photos later this week once Iget my wife to help me. Not trying to drive this one with one hand... too much money in it to break it for a quick photo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16564.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1610086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22912.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1610087  
Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: Orcatkt

Woohoo, after many months of being lazy, my LST2 is running on the Castle 2200. And I like it![img][/img]
Best time I have had running it in ages, now I just need to get it tweaked up how I want it and good to go, doesnt even wheelie too much with how it is setup on 4S, can't beat that! Nitro is fun and all, but this is soo much easier and more convenient. Just plug and play, and I can run it at night without neighbours all screaming. Will post photos later this week once I get my wife to help me. Not trying to drive this one with one hand... too much money in it to break it for a quick photo.
Looks good man! Glad it's working out well for you, Just wait till you see what that baby can do on 6S power! It's insane, I love it. I actually haven't driven mine but for maybe 10 minutes, still need to work out the bugs with the receiver glitch, i've been focused on my real cars the past few weeks and it's been raining pretty much non stop the past couple weeks so the RC's haven;t gotten any love lately.. Can;t wait to see the video's.

I also added the Losi wheelie bar, on 6S you'll need it. lol
Old 09-10-2014, 01:32 PM
TNTS TOYS

I used to be nitro all the way but recently I moved to over 8000 ft an nitro just cant get it done here. So forced to do e conversion on everything
Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 PM
TNTS TOYS

Getting used to it but there is nothing like the smell and sound of nitro to wake your senses in the morning
Old 01-31-2015, 10:17 AM
mattmatt001

Hi, love the conversion how have managed to fit the kit that way round? Is there a lot of dremeling involved?
Old 01-31-2015, 11:12 AM
TNTS TOYS

I built my own and did not use a dremal at all. Used a battery box from a traxxas truck used 150a hw xerun esc and tacon 2050 kv motor.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:14 AM
TNTS TOYS

Oh built motor mount using a case from a inverter.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:17 AM
TNTS TOYS

Originally Posted by mattmatt001
Hi, love the conversion how have managed to fit the kit that way round? Is there a lot of dremeling involved?
I can get pix if you like. Lol I have Rottweilers so tires are chewed. Everything has been waterproofed also
Old 01-31-2015, 11:28 AM
mattmatt001

That would be amazing im sat here having taken mine apart (after seeing your front mounted tray) scratching my head! Haha did you have to drill holes? Thats an expensive chew toy for the dogs ;D **sorry thought you were the original poster! Im intrigued to know how he got the original radio and battery tray on that way round without chopping it!**

Last edited by mattmatt001; 01-31-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:42 AM
TNTS TOYS

Well it is but they just get the tires lol unless they try to draw and quarter. The b box is from a rustler. No I used the shock tower bolt holes with longer bolts. I mounted the esc where the reciever box used to be mounted everything as low as posible. Located as moch weight at front as possible. I wasted to control wheelies thought it would be front heavy in the air but it flies extremely level without input. Very happy with the build. Email [email protected] I will send pictures
Old 04-16-2015, 02:24 AM
twissted

I'm building a brushless Losi of my own design. I'm using a Traxxas Summit 2 speed transmission.

Look how easy it is to work on my design. 4 bolts and the transmission is out! Clean strong and light weight. With no batteries it only weighs 10 pounds.
It's not done yet. I want to change the servos to the Hitec 7954 pieces that make 400oz. torque each! I also have to order the right output shaft to the transmission to get it running.

With the 9400 2s lipos on the sides it keeps the weight very low. it should handle very well on 4s!

Last edited by twissted; 04-16-2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:17 AM
TNTS TOYS

Nice. Cant wait to see it finished. Just make sure to mount heavy front. Or you will never keep the wheels on 5he ground.