Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

aftershock le grinding sound after incident?

Old 09-09-2011, 07:47 PM
4doormonster

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default aftershock le grinding sound after incident?

ok so this is my first nitro rc. i have properly broken in and am still workin on tuning my engine. i took my truck out today to a dirt road and started running it. i had the body off for tuning purposes. after flinging some dirt around suddenly the truck was unable to move even under heavy throttle. i got to the truck and it seemed that the brakes were jammed and i noticed alot of clutch material around the bellhousing. i loosened my brakes and when the pads are not contacting the diskthe truck moves fine but once i tightened up the mounting screws for the brakes the truck moves fine, but makes a heavy grinding noise under any amount of braking. the brakes look clean. i also spun the drive train from the transmission input shaft with a drill and it seems to be running smooth so this leads me to a brake issue. does anyone have any ideas. i am thinkin that the reason for the initial stoppage was a rock got jammed beween the bellhousing and the truck frame, the bellhousing has a deep scratch on the outside (truck is NEW). also should i bother taking off my clutch bell and inspecting the clutch? it still spins freely but now has a rainbow coulor from the heat of a clutch slipping, im thinking about half of my clutch shoes remain.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Muskokarc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: aftershock le grinding sound after incident?

Ah yes rocks and moving parts do not mix well. Hard to say without seeing a pick. When possible its always a good thing to move part with hand power that way you can feel any real resistance that powered movement would push through and you not know. So turn on you electroncis and try moving your rc fowards with you hand and then aply the breaks and see what the sound is like.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:14 PM
steed2-inactive

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: aftershock le grinding sound after incident?

i have the same truck, and the clutch on mine turned purple and upon inspection alot of clutch material is gone, (this was after 2 tanks from new). also is it just me or is this the loudest rc monster truck made, and the pitch is so frickin annoying!!! lol i just keep running the clutch it seems to have found its happy spot, and the wear has lessened. run it till its done them grab some alluminum shoes.

Search this Thread