Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Do any proline tyres fit on Losi 420 wheels?

Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Do any proline tyres fit on Losi 420 wheels?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Kawasakirider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do any proline tyres fit on Losi 420 wheels?

Hey guys, just got my XXL recently. I was just wondering if any proline tyres will fit on the stock rims? I like badlands, but I doubt they'll have any chance of fitting.

Any suggestions? Cheers!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:28 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Do any proline tyres fit on Losi 420 wheels?

Any of the 40 series will.

Big Joes for ex.. Which btw are much lighter than the stock tires.

I still have my stock tires after five years though. I like them. They last forever, and you can abuse them on ALL surfaces without screwing them up, and the tread just never goes away. I had some Big Joes but sold them unused because I thought it would have been a shame to shred them up on pavement. The stock tires are really good all-rounders.. They just weigh a ton.

I think I heard Proline was coming out with 40-series Badlands, but not sure. Badlands are awesome - but again, not for pavement...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Kawasakirider

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Any of the 40 series will.

Big Joes for ex.. Which btw are much lighter than the stock tires.

I still have my stock tires after five years though. I like them. They last forever, and you can abuse them on ALL surfaces without screwing them up, and the tread just never goes away. I had some Big Joes but sold them unused because I thought it would have been a shame to shred them up on pavement. The stock tires are really good all-rounders.. They just weigh a ton.

I think I heard Proline was coming out with 40-series Badlands, but not sure. Badlands are awesome - but again, not for pavement...
Thanks man. It surprises me that big joes are heaps lighter than the stockers, they look chunky as! I like the stock tyres, I would prefer something with a bit more bite, though.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It surprised me too, but they're actually a good bit lighter. A llllooooonnnngggggg time ago I started a thread about tire weights around here somewhere, with pictures on a scale, etc..
Old 03-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Kawasakirider

I had Maxx Mashers on one of my revos, they are a great tyre. They come in 40 series, too. I wish proline would make a 40 series badlands, though. They would grip so well in the grass and dirt, I reckon.

I remember years ago integy was selling preglued 40 series rims and tyres, lots of good reviews about them. I'll have to have a gander! I just want something that's going to grip better than the stock tyres. They seem great for an all around basher tyre, but I'd like something with more bite. I found out the XXL does wheelies, but it would be much easier if the tyres wouldn't spin all the time, lol.

I'm just working out some mods for when I do an overseas order. Won't be for a while because I've got about a grand in vet bills lined up for the near future I'd rather keep the stock wheels if I could, I don't mind them and I don't really feel like buying new rims if I swap to 17mm adapters as well as tyres, so I'm trying to work out what fits.