Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 AM
huey267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock question?

I bought a really nice used Aftershock on RCU...like new..heres my question I read some post on it and went ahead and got a HT pipe for it for under $19 shipped....The previous owner had broken the pull start and even though I have a spin starter Im gonna pull engine and fix it since I like my rcs in top shape. He also included new package of aluminum clutch shoes and springs...should I go ahead and install these while I have the engine pulled? What difference will the HT pipe and aluminum clutch shoes make over the stock parts? I have not ran it yet due to fiance being nice and cleaned it while I was at work and stripped LH wheel nuts because we didnt realize they were LH threads...MY first Losi Mt...live and learn!!! Thanks in advance for you help....huey267
Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Aftershock question?

Definitely install the pipe. Clutch shoes - depends on the condition of the ones on it now. If you're not sure - post a pic - preferably in macro...
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

My Aftershock came with plastic clutch shoes. They work okay, but the aluminum shoes have way more grip. If you want a wheelie here and there, this will be a good upgrade. The HT pipe over the stock AFT pipe is a night and day change. The whole power band is stronger.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:40 AM
huey267

Great information as always....thanks sooo much!!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 AM
blazen06

I recently picked up a aftershock that came with no body on it. I like driving it without the body but the the engine and body post are taking a beating. My question is to everybody does anybody make a roll cage for the truck or something that would bolt onto it.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:56 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: blazen06

I recently picked up a aftershock that came with no body on it. I like driving it without the body but the the engine and body post are taking a beating. My question is to everybody does anybody make a roll cage for the truck or something that would bolt onto it.
I had a roll cage on my LST2 when I got it, I think it was a VG Racing one... But I think they quit making it as I didnt find it on their website. They have one for the muggy that might fit. Otherwise RC Solutions makes one.. I found a quick link to one on the 'bay.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Solutions...item35bb169441

The RC Solutions cage is definitely heavy duty, but I dont know if its any better than the VG cage or not. The VG cage had a little weight to it being made of steel.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:04 PM
blazen06

Thanks I have it on order now waiting for it to come in